How do I tell this to my stepmom?

Reply Mon 17 Aug, 2015 03:56 am
Hi, I have a step mom who is an amazing person and really cares about me but I'm not as close to her as I would like to be because I still have a bio mom with who I don't get along and always fight and I only see my dad and stepmom on holidays so my stepmom probably doesn't want make the first move because she is not certain I how I feel about her being a woman who stepped in to my life but I'm so happy about it . I know her for about 5 years. I should move in to my dad's in September but nothing is guaranteed yet and I want my stepmom to know how I really feel about her , that I love her like a mother and Ive tried to show it by spending more time with her but so far it's only work in progress. The real problem is that I'm really shy and nervous when it comes to talking so I can't say it to her. I'm also scared to write her a email because I'm afraid of what she or my dad would think considering I have a bio mom.
Any help? Thanks

jespah

Reply Mon 17 Aug, 2015 05:56 am
@dreamline7,
Write a paper letter. She will cherish it forever, a lot more than an email. Just buy a nice card that's blank inside. Here's a suggestion of what to write that will be diplomatic and won't harm your relationship with your bio mom.

Quote:
Dear _ (stepmother's name) __,

I just want to tell you how happy I am that you are in my and Dad's lives. It is all for the better and I feel as if I have been graced with three parents and not two. Thank you for being so great. We are the luckiest family ever.

Love,

___ (your name) __
dreamline7

Reply Mon 17 Aug, 2015 07:32 am
@jespah,
Thank you for the reply Smile I would definitely write a card for her but since I m not going to see her for a week I can't give it to her or leave it somewhere she would see. I kinda want to let her know as soon as possible because she just got back from holidays with her and my dad and during them I realized how much she means to me.
jespah

Reply Mon 17 Aug, 2015 08:24 am
@dreamline7,
Then you can mail it to her. Give your letter carrier something to carry that isn't a bill. Smile
0 Replies

engineer

Reply Mon 17 Aug, 2015 09:17 am
@dreamline7,
By the way, your Dad is going to cry from happiness (but he'll do it in private because that is what they teach in Dad School).
ehBeth

Reply Mon 17 Aug, 2015 09:51 am
@dreamline7,
dreamline7 wrote:
I'm afraid of what she or my dad would think considering I have a bio mom.

I think they'll be pleased that you've got enough love in your heart to include another person.

It's a pretty awesome message.

Send her a card and think about an email or phone call ... but the card would be a super thing for her to get.
0 Replies

dreamline7

Reply Mon 17 Aug, 2015 09:51 am
@engineer,
Thanks Very Happy I do very hope so
jespah

Reply Mon 17 Aug, 2015 11:03 am
@dreamline7,
Engineer has been Dadding for a long time and he knows the secret handshake and stuff. Wink
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Mon 17 Aug, 2015 11:16 am
Ah, this made my day. I have nothing else to add as you all gave such great advice. Just a sweet thing. It made me cry and I am not even your step mom.
dreamline7

Reply Mon 17 Aug, 2015 11:36 am
@Linkat,
wow Smile thanks to everyone , I've never seen such a nice and understanding forum! Thanks again Wink
dreamline7

Reply Mon 17 Aug, 2015 01:58 pm
@dreamline7,
BTW if anyone else has any other suggestions I would very grateful if you would write them Smile
izzythepush

Reply Tue 18 Aug, 2015 02:26 am
@dreamline7,
Most female orientated presents work very well, flowers, chocolate etc. Not lingerie, though that will send a different message.
dreamline7

Reply Tue 18 Aug, 2015 03:05 am
@izzythepush,
Thanks Smile
izzythepush

Reply Tue 18 Aug, 2015 03:18 am
@dreamline7,
What you're doing is really nice, and I bet she'll be well chuffed. ( very pleased if you don't get my vernacular)
0 Replies