Hacked on Facebook

Hopea

Reply Thu 13 Aug, 2015 05:37 am
Hey guys,
I was hacked on Facebook last night and the hacker was sending people disgusting messages. I noticed pretty quickly and changed my password, selected to log out from all devices and deactivated my account.
Today I've been trying to get back on, but before I can I have to secure my account, which involves being emailed a confirmation code. I've provided Facebook with a new email address (because I can't access my other one as it says 'it looks like someone's been using your account' and won't let me log in), but I'm not receiving the code.
I've tried a few of the different processes Facebook has for this sort of thing, even sending them my photo ID, and was wondering if anyone knows how long it takes for them to verify me as the user.
I ignorantly set it to automatically reactivate my account after a day, thinking that it's be sorted out by then but in worried the hacker will still have access.

Thanks,

Hope
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 1,837 • Replies: 1
No top replies

tlatoanitzin

Reply Thu 13 Aug, 2015 06:23 pm
@Hopea,
He won't have access if you changed your password and you do not sign in in public places. It is hard to hack once, twice is even harder. Why don't you provide your phone number for easy recovery?
0 Replies