And this guy wants to be prez?

Karzak

Reply Wed 14 Jul, 2004 05:56 pm
link

Kerry Didn't Read Iraq Report Before Vote -- Aides

By Adam Entous

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Democratic candidate John Kerry (news - web sites), whose campaign demanded to know on Wednesday whether President Bush (news - web sites) read a key Iraq (news - web sites) intelligence assessment, did not read the document himself before voting to give Bush the authority to go to war, aides acknowledged.

"Along with other senators, he was briefed on the contents of the NIE (National Intelligence Estimate) by (then-CIA (news - web sites) Director) George Tenet and other administration intelligence officials," said Kerry spokesman Phil Singer.

Kerry's campaign has challenged Bush to say whether he read the complete intelligence report before deciding to go to war, or whether he just read a one-page summary, which Democrats say gave him none of the dissenting views included in the full vesion.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 2 • Views: 4,270 • Replies: 63
No top replies

whatthewtf

Reply Wed 14 Jul, 2004 06:01 pm
wow do you really think presidents have time to read the full report on every issue? I dont care if they are democrats or republicans, i know for a fact they dont have time to read all full reports on everything.
0 Replies

Miller

Reply Wed 14 Jul, 2004 06:46 pm
Did his wife, Teresa Heinz read it? She seems to beup to date on many other things.
0 Replies

Jer

Reply Wed 14 Jul, 2004 06:48 pm
Karzak,

What's the point of this thread? The article you link to clearly states that Bush didn't read the report, and that Kerry didn't either. What are you getting at here?
0 Replies

Miller

Reply Wed 14 Jul, 2004 06:56 pm
Bush and Kerry probably read a brief summary.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Wed 14 Jul, 2004 07:09 pm
well, the congress always assumes that the exec branch, which controls the intel agencies, mUST BE HONORABLE PEOPLE, so why should they not trust the presumptive intelligence.

Bush didnt need to read it, he doesnt make decisions anyway. He is like the picture of him in Farhenheit 9/11 wherein he is reading my Little donkey to a crowd of his peers.

When he loses this fall,He will disappear into the mists with a host of other gOP geniuses like Gerald ford and dan Quail.
0 Replies

Karzak

Reply Wed 14 Jul, 2004 09:26 pm
Jer wrote:
Karzak,

What's the point of this thread? The article you link to clearly states that Bush didn't read the report, and that Kerry didn't either. What are you getting at here?

LOL, you need to read the article a little closer.

BTW, does this remind anyone of when kerry, a self confessed war criminal, came back from nam and called everyone else a baby killer?
0 Replies

the reincarnation of suzy

Reply Thu 15 Jul, 2004 06:13 am
Where do you get your news, karzac? That's not what he said.
So you're judging a senator for not doing MORE than the current president? Did you see what Farmerman said? Ditto.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Thu 15 Jul, 2004 06:16 am
the reincarnation of suzy wrote:
So you're judging a senator for not doing MORE than the current president? Did you see what Farmerman said? Ditto.

So, you want a new president who reads less than Bush? Shocked
0 Replies

the reincarnation of suzy

Reply Thu 15 Jul, 2004 06:50 am
Oh come on McG!
I would think that the president would be expected to be better-informed than the senate. And yet... !
What's your point? That if a senator is as ignorant as the president, he's not qualified to be president? Wink Okay.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Thu 15 Jul, 2004 07:02 am
What's your point? That if a senator is as ignorant as the president, he's not qualified to be president? Wink Okay.

My point is that I can hardly believe that after all the comments from the left about how ill-informed Bush is that you would support someone who appears less informed.
0 Replies

joefromchicago

Reply Thu 15 Jul, 2004 08:52 am
McGentrix wrote:

Well, I wouldn't have thought that was possible.

But then I saw video that proved Bush read all the way to the end of "My Pet Goat," so I know for a fact that Bush has read at least one book straight through.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Thu 15 Jul, 2004 08:55 am
joefromchicago wrote:
McGentrix wrote:

Well, I wouldn't have thought that was possible.

But then I saw video that proved Bush read all the way to the end of "My Pet Goat," so I know for a fact that Bush has read at least one book straight through.

Well, considering the audience he was reading to, I would say it was probably the right choice.
0 Replies

Karzak

Reply Thu 15 Jul, 2004 09:09 am
So you're judging a senator for not doing MORE than the current president?

No, I am judging an a$$hole named kerry, who demands to know if Bush read something that he didn't read but voted to send the country to war over.

Just like that same a$$hole when he, being a self admitted war criminal came back from nam and blamed ever other soldier for committing war crimes.

Kerry is a man without honor, he might as well be french.
0 Replies

Jer

Reply Thu 15 Jul, 2004 09:42 am
Karzak what's your "French" comment all about?
0 Replies

Karzak

Reply Thu 15 Jul, 2004 09:53 am
Jer wrote:
Karzak what's your "French" comment all about?

The oil for food scandal that the french were knee deep in.
0 Replies

Jer

Reply Thu 15 Jul, 2004 10:01 am
When you're making posts like the "french" post and the following post:
Quote:
Just like that same a$$hole when he, being a self admitted war criminal came back from nam and blamed ever other soldier for committing war crimes.

Could you please post some links so that an undereducated fella like me can read up on the stuff and learn about it...otherwise when I go and repeat it in other rooms they all laugh at me and ask me for my source.

And they tell me that using "Karzak" as the root source doesn't cut it in debate.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Thu 15 Jul, 2004 10:12 am
Feeding the trolls only encourages them, folks.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

Karzak

Reply Thu 15 Jul, 2004 10:13 am
Jer wrote:

Could you please post some links so that an undereducated fella like me can read up on the stuff and learn about it...

You can't run google on your own? In that case you deserve to be laughed at.
0 Replies

Karzak

Reply Thu 15 Jul, 2004 10:14 am
Cycloptichorn wrote:
Feeding the trolls only encourages them, folks.

Cycloptichorn

ROTFLMAO, calling someone a troll because you have no response to their point is pretty weak and sad.
0 Replies