What is wrong with my wrist?

Reply Wed 12 Aug, 2015 10:57 am
Ok, so Monday I was practicing ballet on wood floor in socks. I slipped and before I knew that I was falling, I was already on the ground. When this happened, the back of my wrist slammed on to the hard wood floor. It's been swollen ever since. There is slight bruising and It hurts. The pain increases when I touch it. Also, my ring finger and pinky are weak and difficult to move. It hurts even more when I bend it up and down. I've been taking pain killer to reduce the pain so its hard to measure how much pain there really is. It hurts about a 6-7 out of 10 right now, and I'm on pain killer. I'm 13, almost 14. What do you think I did to it? Could it be fractured or just bruised? Is it worth it to go to the doctor?

jespah

Reply Wed 12 Aug, 2015 10:59 am
@Cydney-k,
Go to a doctor. Do not hesitate.

Untreated fractures do not magically get better on their own.

BTW, what do your parents say? Surely they have noticed this. Tell them you want to go to a doctor because you think you broke your wrist.
0 Replies

Paaskynen

Reply Fri 14 Aug, 2015 01:19 pm
@Cydney-k,
Hi Sidney,
As one who broke a wrist once (not my own, mind you), I can only advise you to see a doctor a.s.a.p. If your wrist really is damaged, it needs professional care. Wrists are very versatile and hence vulnerable joints; if you neglect a real injury, it may well trouble you for the rest of your life.
0 Replies