If God created the universe...

Reply Mon 10 Aug, 2015 08:01 am
Assuming God exists, and created the universe, should we still worship him? Or should we ask for a better deity to worship and obey since God doesn't know how to make universes very well.

The universe is big, really big, I mean you just don't know how mind-numbingly big it is...(Apologies to Douglas hehe.) But if there's an absolute speed limit of light, even AT light-speed it's too big to ever get around in just our 1 galaxy among tens of billions of others. So if life is the rule and not the exception, how are we ever suppose to meet each other?

It'd be a major challenge to get to the next nearest star nevermind anywhere else. If this universe was created by a god, then that god is a moron.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 2 • Views: 1,565 • Replies: 5

dalehileman

Reply Mon 10 Aug, 2015 09:20 am
@HesDeltanCaptain,
Quote:
.... God doesn't know how to make universes very well.
She did the best She could; since She can do only what's possible

Quote:
The universe is big, really big,....
Huge

......absolute speed limit of light....... So......how are we ever suppose to meet each other? Apparently not--for the most part. If there are 200 billion galaxies each with 200 billion stars, Cap, and if there truly are more planets than stars, we would expect in at least a few cases two of 'em close enough together for comm

Quote:
..... If this universe was created by a god, then that god is a moron
Careful there Cap
0 Replies

Biscuity

Reply Mon 10 Aug, 2015 11:30 am
@HesDeltanCaptain,
I don't realize why an all-powerful and all-knowing god, in the mind-numbingly unlikelihood of its existence, would give a toss about whether we worship it or not. I would be a bit weird'd out and momentarily pleased if i realized the entire ant colony within a kilometre around me worshiped me as their god.

We are also much less than ants to a deity who literally has created a universe where there are 100 billion galaxies, and each galaxy on average consists of hundreds of billions of stars. Each star is billions of times bigger than we are.

So, why would a god who literally has created such a wondrous and huge universe, care about what a microscopically small creature in that universe prays about?

Finally, if i were a god, and had to 'judge' (Cause we're so important we get judged by this wondrous God, the self-importance is amazing we ascribe ourselves) me, I'd consider whether I respect other people and their choices, and whether I respect myself and tried to enjoy the life I had. Not whether I blindly tried to follow the wishes of a jealous, angry and murderous depiction of my 'creator.' In fact, the latter sounds a bit crazy.. doesn't it?

But thats the crazy world we live in. Instead of being nice and autonomous, we like putting our faith in things that don't exist, and if they did, it really shouldn't change our outlook on life.. but at least sanity doesn't lie in statistics..
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Mon 10 Aug, 2015 12:25 pm
@HesDeltanCaptain,
Ahh! The chamber pot judging the potter.
How refreshing!
0 Replies

vansdad

Reply Thu 13 Aug, 2015 10:14 am
@HesDeltanCaptain,
Quote:
since God doesn't know how to make universes very well.

ROFLMAO

I suppose you could do better? LOL (Just can't stop laughing sorry)
0 Replies

HesDeltanCaptain

Reply Sat 15 Aug, 2015 08:17 am
Thanks for the 'pretentious claptrap' tag. Just makes it into a flashing neon sign. "Religious people don't want you to read this" so naturally everyone reads it. Smile
0 Replies