SUPERSTITION - GRASSHOPPER

Reply Sun 9 Aug, 2015 12:19 pm
Hello,

I woke up tonight from the sound of drum. I could not figure out what it was, and went there where this sound was coming from. I was surprised: behind my a bit open window was sitting a large, yellow-brown grasshopper. He was really large, and I was worrying if he would jump into my room and then on my bed, I could squash him when asleep. So I covered the window with fabric to keep him away. I went back to sleep. He was drumming again.

In the morning, I realized that it was an unusual incident, because I live on 17 floor. How a grasshopper could appear on 17 floor in NYC? I checked about grasshoppers online and found out that they can fly. But can they fly that high????? It could be some sign... I had before three incidents when a small eagle was landing on the same place behind my window, but grasshopper?...
Anyone knows what this grasshopper's appearance could signify??
Thank you,
JustMe1111
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 3 • Views: 2,479 • Replies: 2

jcboy

Reply Sun 9 Aug, 2015 02:20 pm
@Justme1111,
Maybe he climbed up to the 17th floor and was planning to commit suicide? Open the window and let him, save that creature!! Razz
0 Replies

roger

Reply Sun 9 Aug, 2015 03:54 pm
@Justme1111,
Totally unrelated, but last night there was a small mantis climbing on my computer desk. It will likely starve to death in here, if it's still here.

If it has been windy, your grasshopper might have been caught in an updraft.
0 Replies