Sanders Being Harassed by blacklivesmatter#

snood

Reply Sat 8 Aug, 2015 07:19 pm
The black Lives Matters Movement was founded in principles that I think are worthy and relevant and crucial. But this 'hit job' type of disruption - no, shutting down - of Sanders' events is just wrong. It is counterproductive at best, and deeply divisive at worst. This was so egregious I wouldn't be totally surprised if those who orchestrated it were working not for blacklivesmatter, but against Sanders. This stinks.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/bernie-sanders-black-lives-matter_55c68f14e4b0923c12bd197e?kvcommref=mostpopular
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 17 • Views: 14,433 • Replies: 238

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 8 Aug, 2015 07:23 pm
@snood,
It has to be orchestrated to keep black voters in Clinton's camp.
ossobuco

Reply Sat 8 Aug, 2015 07:28 pm
@edgarblythe,
I've no idea what is going on with that. I do get blacklivesmatter, but does some group own all that?

We all own all that.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Sat 8 Aug, 2015 07:36 pm
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:

It has to be orchestrated to keep black voters in Clinton's camp.

Yeah, I get the apparent connection. I just don't want to kneejerk a conspiracy right off the bat.
edgarblythe

Reply Sat 8 Aug, 2015 07:39 pm
@snood,
That's my first impression. If I am wrong, well, my statement's not in stone.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Sat 8 Aug, 2015 07:57 pm
@snood,
Twitter is lit up about it. Some bringing articles that George Soros funds Hillary and #BLM. Blacklivesmatter in Washington says they had nothing to do with it and don't know who did.

Accusations flying.

Pretty sure you know what the **** I think.

I'll bring in some articles.
glitterbag

Reply Sat 8 Aug, 2015 08:05 pm
@Lash,
What is wrong with our country? Sounds like a smear job to me, like "have you stopped beating your wife" bullshit.
snood

Reply Sat 8 Aug, 2015 08:09 pm
@glitterbag,
glitterbag wrote:

What is wrong with our country? Sounds like a smear job to me, like "have you stopped beating your wife" bullshit.

It definitely sounded like a no-win situation for Sanders. Like being asked "Why are you still a racist pig!?" and then having your answers shouted down.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sat 8 Aug, 2015 08:21 pm
@Lash,
I'm biased as I don't like Hillary. I'm interested how this is explained out.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Sat 8 Aug, 2015 09:21 pm
@glitterbag,
I'm actually hoping it was a for hire job and not legit BLM people. They'll track down those people pretty soon. We'll see.

Looks dirty though. Bernie Sanders is the ONLY one who is really seriously and personally devoted to black issues. Why the **** are they ONLY ******* with him?

Looks like a Clinton job to me.
ossobuco

Reply Sat 8 Aug, 2015 09:57 pm
@Lash,
I more or less get you and understand, Lash, but your high aggravation makes me want to wait.

Everyone you are against seams to be *******.
Lash

Reply Sat 8 Aug, 2015 10:04 pm
@ossobuco,
Hey. The people I'm for are ******* too. Hopefully.

I just got a bit pissed because of unfair bullshit. I'm breathing now.
glitterbag

Reply Sat 8 Aug, 2015 10:37 pm
@Lash,
I don't belong to Twitter, but I'm surprised no one is talking about the Clown Prince, Donald Trump. He twated that Megyn Kelly had blood coming out of her eyes, blood coming out of her whatever. Is anyone confused by his slick tweet???? That self-obsessed vainglorious showboat actually has a following of folks he despises. I can't imagine who he would appoint as Secretaries of his administration. It might be fun (for the ignorant) to say out loud what deep down racists and mysoginists think, but does the United States of America really want a blowhard as our leader? Trump is a Jackass, but (OMG) suppose he actually wins the nomination. If lazy voters expect others to do the right thing, they are freeping nuts. If you decide voting is too much trouble, then keep your lazy ass quiet about who is elected.
Lash

Reply Sat 8 Aug, 2015 10:42 pm
@glitterbag,
Trump is definitely being skewered on Twitter as well, but what is so astonishing is that the GOP loyal are all loving him even more and saying that Megyn Kelly is a closet democrat. Makes me laugh! I'm afraid we have a solid 20% of schizo voters.

I don't think there's anything Trump can do to shake these people.
roger

Reply Sat 8 Aug, 2015 10:51 pm
@Lash,
I might consider changing my voter registration if he were nominated.
Lash

Reply Sat 8 Aug, 2015 11:03 pm
@roger,
My god, Rog. What would you change it to? I truthfully don't know the Green, Libertarian, or Indy candidates.
hawkeye10

Reply Sat 8 Aug, 2015 11:28 pm
A liberal group saying "agree with us or you cant speak"???

Inconceivable.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Sat 8 Aug, 2015 11:48 pm
@Lash,
If I changed, it would have to be to Democrat. The others just seem meaningless.
Lash

Reply Sun 9 Aug, 2015 04:29 am
@roger,
I wonder if Trump is having that effect on many others.
0 Replies

revelette2

Reply Sun 9 Aug, 2015 07:09 am
@Lash,
I hate to say a I have been admirer of for years, even during the Bush years. I am afraid you have let yourself get carried away.

The people who are involved in blacklivesmatter are not going to take money to go after a candidate. They really care about this issue. It is possible they got carried away and ruined their cause on their own.