Should I date a homeless girl?

Thu 6 Aug, 2015 07:45 pm
I actaully found a girl that I really like. Shes pretty and loves to do stuff with me. I really think its a girl worth dating. But one problem she is homeless. I really dont know should I still date her?

ossobuco

Thu 6 Aug, 2015 08:46 pm
@singlesucks13,
date her? as in take advantage of her?

Is there some possibility you could help her?
maxdancona

Thu 6 Aug, 2015 08:56 pm
@ossobuco,
1) Dating means dating. It doesn't mean taking advantage of someone.

2) I don't think you can go into a romantic relationship with the idea of helping someone. That isn't how romantic relationships work. If you are going to date someone, you should consider her your peer, someone who wants you rather than needs you.
ossobuco

Thu 6 Aug, 2015 09:04 pm
@ossobuco,
That's nice.
0 Replies

singlesucks13

Thu 6 Aug, 2015 09:27 pm
@maxdancona,
I really like her alot I want to continue dating her
tsarstepan

Fri 7 Aug, 2015 02:50 am
@singlesucks13,
Define her state of homelessness. Does she live in a shelter, a car, under a bridge?
0 Replies

mahendar

Fri 7 Aug, 2015 06:57 am
@singlesucks13,
why can't you date a girl who is homeless. date doesn't mean some thing like taking an advantage it just dating only not more based on both of your understanding things will be changes.
0 Replies

Linkat

Fri 7 Aug, 2015 07:11 am
@singlesucks13,
If you really like her and she seems nice, why is being homeless an issue?

I guess I don't know what your concern is on the homeless side. I am guessing if you mean girl - she is under 18 and her and her family are homeless? If so, she has little control over her homeless situation. If she is a young adult is your concern that she cannot fend for herself? It is really hard to help without knowing what your concern about homeless is?
Ragman

Fri 7 Aug, 2015 09:25 am
@singlesucks13,
In looking at your past posting history, it seems you have got far more going on than this particular issue to focus on. You've complained here about a large lack of confidence and other heavier emotional upsets.

If I were in your situation (as you have described), I'd work on my own mental health issues a bit more. Dating a homeless girl in and of itself is not such a problem but you have got a lot more emotional issues going on. OTOH, she has a few herself because she is homeless..and is less likely to be emotionally available to you as she is in a crisis.

I wish you the best with it.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Fri 7 Aug, 2015 09:28 am
@singlesucks13,
How are things going in the soccer league?
singlesucks13

Tue 11 Aug, 2015 10:26 pm
@ehBeth,
Very good, my team is unbeatable so far.
0 Replies

singlesucks13

Tue 11 Aug, 2015 10:28 pm
@Linkat,
Its because she's been engaged twice in one year, a shes over 18 and she got kicked out her friends house for being a drunk. She gets food stamps. Shes struggling looking for work. Should I worry about her past?
jayn

Tue 11 Aug, 2015 10:47 pm
@singlesucks13,
if you want to date her date her **** what anyone thinks maybe you can help her
0 Replies

Linkat

Wed 12 Aug, 2015 06:13 am
@singlesucks13,
sounds like homeless is not an issue -- but how she became homeless.

So I guess my question is -- do you want to date a drunk? Now I am assuming she is drinking too much not like a one time getting drunk. If it is an ongoing issue then she needs help on dealing with it.

As far as having problems getting a job, I think you need to know why --- is it really just difficult to get a job (which it has been) or is it she is being too picky on a job, or has losts jobs in the past due to her prior performance.

Being engaged twice could be a red flag especially twice in one year -

To be honest she sounds unstable. Not because of being homeless, but it sounds like she is homeless because of her issues, not just being in a bad luck situation. If that is the case, then decide for yourself if she is worth all the baggage.
0 Replies

HesDeltanCaptain

Wed 12 Aug, 2015 06:50 am
@singlesucks13,
'Date' or 'become sexually intimate with?' Are already dating her if hanging out doing mutually enjoyable things together. I'd advise against getting romantically involved if only because you're both radically mismatched. A homeless woman may be overly eager to get romantically involved just to not be homeless any more. So everything she may say and do will be 'tainted' by this possibility. Making it difficult to know for sure if it's a good match.

Plus if ya do start having sex together, you're in a position of authority over her since presumedly everything will be occuring at your home. That's not a good way to start relationships. A lot of negative things can easily come about when there's a power disparity.
0 Replies

roger

Wed 12 Aug, 2015 03:36 pm
@singlesucks13,
singlesucks13 wrote:

Its because she's been engaged twice in one year, a shes over 18 and she got kicked out her friends house for being a drunk. She gets food stamps. Shes struggling looking for work. Should I worry about her past?

Nah! Go for it!
hotqueen

Sun 30 Aug, 2015 10:01 pm
@singlesucks13,
Past is always the past, I wouldn't care about that if I were u.
0 Replies

hotqueen

Mon 31 Aug, 2015 07:06 pm
@singlesucks13,
what do you say
0 Replies

Hate11402

Tue 22 Sep, 2015 10:42 pm
I don't think her being homeless is an issue at all as long as your dating her for the right reasons. Date her because you like her as a person not because you feel sorry for her or because you want to help her.

Her being a drunk on the other hand is a red flag. Her getting kicked out and being homeless because of her drinking tells you that it is a big issue for her. Alcohol and drug problems are not easily cured.

Im not saying don't give her a chance, just be careful and keep your eyes open. You wouldn't want to mess up your life trying to help her! Good luck!
roger

Tue 22 Sep, 2015 10:53 pm
@Hate11402,
Good point. He may need a steady, but he doesn't need a project.