The Most Boring Movies You've Ever Seen

Romeo Fabulini

Sat 16 Aug, 2014 08:18 pm
"The Wall" 2012 film was on TV the other night and sounded good on paper, a woman is sealed off in a remote mountain valley by an alien force field (the "Wall").
****Spoiler****
It was totally boring, she mopes around trapped in there for about 3 years living off the land in a hut and making boring soul-searching introspective diary entries, I only stuck with it hoping to see the aliens arrive but they never showed up and the film ended leaving us in midair not knowing what happened to her, or why the aliens planted the force field, or why nobody rescued her, etc!
It's a German film, and on this showing the kraut film industry has got a long way to go to catch up with hollywood!
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1745686/
nononono

Mon 18 Aug, 2014 06:28 am
@kickycan,
Yep, The Thin Red Line was awful.

But I disagree with most here, Lost In Translation and Blair Witch were EXCELLENT.

My most hated recent film; Silver Linings Playbook. complete pile of garbage that makes fun of a serious mental illness. Oh, and it's racist also...
Romeo Fabulini

Mon 18 Aug, 2014 11:06 am
@nononono,
Blair Witch was spoilt for me because they were all young immature types, the film badly needed a mature older guy "father figure" or two to take charge and hold 'em together.
Same with 'The 100" they're mostly too young too and I gave up watching it.
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Mon 18 Aug, 2014 11:33 am
@Romeo Fabulini,
Romeo Fabulini wrote:

It's a German film, and on this showing the kraut film industry has got a long way to go to catch up with hollywood!

Germany as a country isn't as prolific in film production as the United States, but they have produced some extraordinary films.

Soul Kitchen (2009)
The Edge of Heaven (2007)
The Lives of Others (2006)
Head-On (2004)
Downfall (2004)
Good Bye Lenin! (2003)
Schultze Gets the Blues (2003)
Stalingrad (1993)
Das Boot (1981)

Though three of the movies are made by one director, Fatih Akin (a clear bias of mine).
Romeo Fabulini

Mon 18 Aug, 2014 11:50 am
@tsarstepan,
I've only heard of 'Das Boot' and liked it..Smile
There have always been some very good German (and Austrian) actors around such as Peter van Eyck, Oskar Werner, Curt Jurgens, Jurgen Prochnow, Christoph Waltz, August Diehl, Daniel Bruhl etc
0 Replies

ajaysartan

Mon 25 Aug, 2014 12:52 am
hello
i have see, I see you its a most boring movie i have seen.
thanks
0 Replies

raisingirl

Tue 30 Dec, 2014 12:12 pm
I have never been able to make it all the way through The Limits of Control without falling asleep, and I am a huge fan of Jim Jarmusch.
0 Replies

WilliamLion

Wed 11 Feb, 2015 09:46 am
@Romeo Fabulini,
A Serbian Film
0 Replies

sohaib9661

Sun 22 Feb, 2015 06:07 am
@kickycan,
I watched 'Birdman' and i thought it was really boring.Movies like these aren't my cup of tea.
0 Replies

plainoldme

Sat 5 Dec, 2015 10:54 pm
I tried to rewatch Lawrence of Arabia recently and could not finish it. I also tuned in to The Master, thinking I hadn't seen it, but I had. I fell asleep before the movie ended, which I suspect I had done the first time.
plainoldme

Sat 5 Dec, 2015 10:59 pm
@fbaezer,
I loved some of those movies. Jesus of Montreal. Bleu. The Conversation. A River Runs through It. I also like Eight Mile which I saw as a self-put-together double-feature with Standing in the Shadows of Motown but I am from Detroit.
0 Replies

33export

Sat 9 Jan, 2016 11:34 am
Boring movies peaked during the late 40s.

Alan Ladd and Veronica Lake -
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/c/c1/Lake-ladd-trailer.jpg/320px-Lake-ladd-trailer.jpg

But then, we went mostly to watch the face stars.

In glorious black and white, no less.
cicerone imposter

Sat 9 Jan, 2016 11:41 am
@33export,
Did you know Alan Ladd was short? He had to stand on a box when shot with women.
jdeaton01

Sat 12 Mar, 2016 12:25 am
The latest would be "true story" with Jonah hill
0 Replies

roger

Sat 12 Mar, 2016 12:46 am
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

Did you know Alan Ladd was short? He had to stand on a box when shot with women.

Better than being shot for being with a man.

Not that that matters.
0 Replies

farmerman

Sat 12 Mar, 2016 08:54 am
@plainoldme,
Dr Zhivago. Not enough helicopters .
Lash

Sat 12 Mar, 2016 07:07 pm
@farmerman,
Incorrigible! Demerits all around!
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Sat 12 Mar, 2016 07:28 pm
i remember walking out of a movie back in the late fifties, but can't remember the name.
0 Replies

spooky24

Tue 3 May, 2016 06:51 am
@tsarstepan,
Yes, Downfall (2004) was a great film however if you don't speak German it is totally confusing.
For instance seeing the subtitle 'The entire Luftwaffe should be strung up at once' just fails to have the same zing as
"Die gesamte Luftwaffe sollte auf einmal oben aufgereiht werden!!!!!!

Another great film so many miss is "Let the right one in" as the English subtitles are poor and take away the chemistry between the two leads that is so compelling.

Just because a film is subtitled it should not be considered 'boring'
cicerone imposter

Tue 3 May, 2016 11:21 am
@spooky24,
One movie was so bad, we walked out after 15 minutes. I don't remember the name of that movie, but that was many decades ago.