The Most Boring Movies You've Ever Seen

nazia08

Sun 16 Mar, 2014 11:31 pm
Open Water. And if there could be a movie WORST than that one..it would be Open Water 2
0 Replies

plainoldme

Wed 19 Mar, 2014 07:24 pm
My daughter and I tried watching Breakfast at Tiffany's. We could not believe how horrible it was so we shut it off about 12 minutes into it.
tsarstepan

Wed 19 Mar, 2014 07:44 pm
@plainoldme,
plainoldme wrote:

My daughter and I tried watching Breakfast at Tiffany's. We could not believe how horrible it was so we shut it off about 12 minutes into it.

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! It was absolutely horrendous and dull.http://i.imdb.com/Photos/CMSIcons/emoticons/basic2/yes.gif
plainoldme

Sat 22 Mar, 2014 07:49 pm
@tsarstepan,
So glad to hear that. I could not believe all the times I heard people gush over this movie. My daughter is in her 30s but she had heard of it as well. She wondered why any copies of it still existed.
ossobuco

Sat 22 Mar, 2014 08:08 pm
@tsarstepan,
I liked some of it, but that was in something like 1960. A friend of mine was crazy about it at the time. In retrospect, our opinions on movies and much else started to veer away, away, far away.
Edit to say that I remember wanting my hair to be like Audrey Hepburn's. Hard for a naturally curly haired lass.

I'm sure I've said earlier in this thread that the movie that put me almost to sleep except that it was hard to sleep in the theater seat was Fellini's Satyricon. I've liked or loved a couple or three other Fellini films, and my husband wanted to give Satryicon a chance so I didn't pull a drama scene.

0 Replies

edgarblythe

Sat 22 Mar, 2014 08:11 pm
@plainoldme,
plainoldme wrote:

I felt cheated when I read Breakfast at Tiffany's. I went to see the movie because I had read that Mickey Rooney's part was so great. Wrong wrong wrong. I do not like the story in either form.
ossobuco

Sat 22 Mar, 2014 09:28 pm
@edgarblythe,
I forgot about the Mickey Rooney business - I hated it even then.
raprap

Sat 22 Mar, 2014 10:04 pm
The first Star Trek Movie. Except for the bald chick it would just be one of the lesser, possibly the least, episodes!

Rap
plainoldme

Sun 23 Mar, 2014 04:57 pm
@edgarblythe,
My daughter and I were upset that Rooney, who is a talented actor, was asked to play an Asian stereotype. The role was offensive. We felt that the effort the makeup people went through to transform Rooney's round, freckled Irish face into a Japanese stereotype was all wrong. The director later regretted casting Rooney.
plainoldme

Sun 23 Mar, 2014 04:59 pm
@raprap,
My ex and I watched it on television, cut every three minutes (or so it seemed) by a commercial. He said something along the lines of "how can I hold on to that weak plot with all these commercials."
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Sun 23 Mar, 2014 07:56 pm
@plainoldme,
Mickey Rooney has been one of my favorite actors all of my life. As I wrote, he is the sole reason I decided to watch the movie. But he was the worst part of a bad movie, in this instance.
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Sun 23 Mar, 2014 08:09 pm
@plainoldme,
plainoldme wrote:

So glad to hear that. I could not believe all the times I heard people gush over this movie. My daughter is in her 30s but she had heard of it as well. She wondered why any copies of it still existed.

And worse was that bloody horrible pop song about loving that particular movie.

I promise you, your ears will bleed during and after you hear this all too common crap pop song from the 90's. Crying or Very sad
farmerman

Mon 24 Mar, 2014 05:45 am
"Inside Llewyn Davis" is up there in my top ten most waste of time movies.
Its boring
It proves that not everything the Coens do is worth watching.

0 Replies

plainoldme

Mon 24 Mar, 2014 08:58 pm
@tsarstepan,
But I chuckled at the idea of it!
0 Replies

Wilso

Mon 24 Mar, 2014 10:29 pm
I may have said it before, but "When Harry met Sally", has got to be one of the most worthless pieces of tripe that ever came out of Hollywood.
plainoldme

Thu 27 Mar, 2014 01:08 pm
@Wilso,
I felt the same way about "You've Got Mail" which I felt was just an apology for mass market bookstores. Actually, a couple of Tom Hanks movies were pretty boring. My son said the typical Tom Hanks movie features good acting but little plot. I hated The Da Vinci Code.
Wilso

Thu 27 Mar, 2014 02:46 pm
@plainoldme,
plainoldme wrote:

I felt the same way about "You've Got Mail" which I felt was just an apology for mass market bookstores. Actually, a couple of Tom Hanks movies were pretty boring. My son said the typical Tom Hanks movie features good acting but little plot. I hated The Da Vinci Code.

I liked The Da Vinci Code, but I've got to admit I may have been swayed by my militant atheism.
0 Replies

Wilso

Thu 27 Mar, 2014 02:47 pm
Haven't seen "You've Got Mail".
panzade

Thu 27 Mar, 2014 10:14 pm
@Wilso,
It's worse Than Harry/Sally
Wilso

Thu 27 Mar, 2014 10:46 pm
@panzade,
I assume it's a romance. Haven't watched one of them in years.
0 Replies