Identification Documents

renz33

Reply Sun 2 Aug, 2015 05:07 pm
Hi,

I have been running my main Facebook account for about 7 years under the name "Zip". As since about 20 years, all my friends and people in my music network (I am a record producer) have always called me this way.

My account has been suspended and the staff is asking me to show them some driver's license with "Zip" on it. The terms and conditions on FB are clear, it says that the profile name must be the name that everyone know you under. My name is Zip and everyone calls me Zip.

I have tried to send a PDF explaining the situation and all I get is an automated response asking for my ID papers.

In 7 years of activity I have created about 7 fan pages and 5 groups. They are all active. I am the main administrator and if I cant find a solution to this problem soon enough it will be thousands of people feeling left out, friends getting worried about me ads so on.

If anyone has any idea of how to deal with this please let me know.

Kind Regards,

Zip.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 1 • Views: 362 • Replies: 2
No top replies

jespah

Reply Sun 2 Aug, 2015 05:14 pm
@renz33,
Ah, you're butting up against the Facebook Real Names policy.

It is not easy to get around. Probably the best thing for you to do is convert your personal account to a fan page (as Zip, a public figure), then make a personal account but with your actual name (as in, the one on your driver's license).
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Sun 2 Aug, 2015 06:57 pm
I really wish the guy who made this topic would find it again ....
0 Replies