Google Chrome Print to PDF trouble

Reply Sat 1 Aug, 2015 10:43 pm
For the past week the PDF files produced by my computer's installation of Google Chrome (Print to PDF feature) are unreadable by Adobe Acrobat (at work) and Adobe Reader (at home). I get the error message: There was an error processing a page. There was a problem reading this document (129).

Apparently, Google Chrome is producing damaged/corrupted PDP files. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling it but the PDF files it produces are still unreadable.

Is anyone else having these problems?

Thanks
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 2,933 • Replies: 5
No top replies

InfraBlue

Reply Sun 2 Aug, 2015 03:14 am
bump
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Sun 2 Aug, 2015 07:02 am
@InfraBlue,
I was trying to figure out what you meant. For me, Google Chrome can save a page to PDF and then it can be printed. Is there a problem in the save process or the print process?
InfraBlue

Reply Sun 2 Aug, 2015 03:15 pm
@jespah,
Chrome is producing corrupt pdf files. After I save them, I can't read them with either Adobe Reader, which I have at home, or Adobe Acrobat, which I have at work.
jespah

Reply Sun 2 Aug, 2015 03:41 pm
@InfraBlue,
Then it's in the save part of the process. Hmm. I had never done this before, so I tested it on my system. I was able to convert this page and also the SparkPeople home page (although that one didn't look like the original at all) into readable PDFs.

I just converted to Windows 10 - could that be related to why mine is working? Also, I have the Adobe Creative Suite although I just did the right-click, save as PDF trick which I assume you are attempting.
InfraBlue

Reply Sun 2 Aug, 2015 08:21 pm
@jespah,
Yeah, the print to pdf trick. You can do either the right-click, ctrl+p or just click on the "print" button on a web page.

I think I'm going to go with Opera as my default browser. It's print to pdf feature is working.

By the by, Firefox had a print to pdf feature, but it's gone.
0 Replies