What happens to Voltage source if i take out both volt and current with separate circuit using diode

Reply Thu 30 Jul, 2015 08:08 am
I have 3.8V and 1.5Ah battery.I will use a step up circuit that gives 5v and 300mA

output using 3.5v in(from my battery).Then i will use blocking diode to take voltage

only(5v) and i dont need current from this circuit.Again I will also use a step down

circuit that gives 1v and 3A output using 3.5v in(from my battery).Then i will use

another blocking diode to take current(3A) only and i dont need voltage from this

circuit.So Can i get 5v and 3A output in this way from a 3.8V and 1.5Ah battery?And

Now what will happen with my battery?

I need to understand that if I can get more power out of the circuit than comes out

of the batteries. To extrapolate what I want to do, imagine I want to power my house

with 240V @ 100A (24KW). I want it with a 1V @ 100A (0.1KW) power source combined

with a 240V @ 1A (0.24KW) power source.

If to power my house with 1v@100A(taking the current only from here using blocking

diode) and with 240v@1A(taking the voltage only from here using another blocking

diode) and combine both of this to get [email protected] it possible? Well if it is

possible i will again feed back the 5v and 3A output to battery to recharge it.So

before being the battery empty(if) i will be recharging it again by the estimated

output from the combined circuits.Will the battery really be empty after producing

separately stepped volt and current or can i get volt(5v) and current(3A) greater

than my battery(3.8V,1.5Ah) in this way?Does my thinking have a hope?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 1,348 • Replies: 6
No top replies

timur

Reply Fri 31 Jul, 2015 02:17 pm
gwarming82 wrote:
Does my thinking have a hope?

No, you are hopeless here.

The topic is obviously beyond your current understanding and knowledge.

Take a course, learn and come back in six months.
dalehileman

Reply Fri 31 Jul, 2015 04:06 pm
@gwarming82,
Gwar can you provide a schematic
0 Replies

gwarming82

Reply Sun 2 Aug, 2015 08:22 am
@timur,
Dear sir,
Say You said,"This is fine as far as it goes, but why you are stepping down from 3.8 to 2 volts before
stepping up to 5 volts makes no real sense to me."
Well i use both step up and step down because the step up circuit only increase voltage from 2v to 5v. Say here i found my desired voltage like 5v.Again i use step down that decrease voltage from 3.5v to 1v and increase current like 2A output.So here i found desired current 2A.Now i want to combine both this circuit to get 5v and 2A as output in combination.Then i want to use this 5v@2A to recharge the battery again inversely.

Say You again said,"Blocking diodes will stop current. You most certainly need voltage; current will not flow
without some. Assuming for the moment that 1 volt is your output voltage and 2 amps current,
then your power output is 2 watts. A 3.8 volt battery with 1.2 amp-hours capacity has a total
available energy content of 4.56 watt-hours, so your battery will be exhausted in 2.28 hours."
Well why you say i have 1v with 2A(2 watts)? I already combined 5v from step up and 2A from step down so will not i get 5v@2A as output in combination?

​Pls tell me one thing.If i combine the step up and step down circuit separately(using blocking diode) can not i get 5v at one end and 3A at other end of circuit?​Here small voltage and current is ignored after blocking with diode and i will use only biased volt and current.​​Why i will get 1v@3A?The step down circuit gives me 1v and 3A output using 3.5v in(from my battery).Then i will use another blocking diode to take current(3A) only and i dont need ​small ​voltage from this circuit.So can not i get 3A here(voltage blocked) and get 5v out​(current blocked)​ from ​both circuit and combine them to get 5v@3A?

​My main purpose is to recharge the same battery using back the stepped energy of the battery itself.If i feedback the stepped energy 5v@2A (using step up and step down​​) to the battery to recharge the same battery how long will my circuit work? Will my design really recharge the battery using the same battery energy([email protected]) as input and then recharging the battery again using the combined stepped voltage and current(5v@2A)?
Hope you understood my project.
0 Replies

gwarming82

Reply Sun 2 Aug, 2015 08:22 am
@timur,
Dear sir,
You said,"This is fine as far as it goes, but why you are stepping down from 3.8 to 2 volts before
stepping up to 5 volts makes no real sense to me."
Well i use both step up and step down because the step up circuit only increase voltage from 2v to 5v. Say here i found my desired voltage like 5v.Again i use step down that decrease voltage from 3.5v to 1v and increase current like 2A output.So here i found desired current 2A.Now i want to combine both this circuit to get 5v and 2A as output in combination.Then i want to use this 5v@2A to recharge the battery again inversely.

You again said,"Blocking diodes will stop current. You most certainly need voltage; current will not flow
without some. Assuming for the moment that 1 volt is your output voltage and 2 amps current,
then your power output is 2 watts. A 3.8 volt battery with 1.2 amp-hours capacity has a total
available energy content of 4.56 watt-hours, so your battery will be exhausted in 2.28 hours."
Well why you say i have 1v with 2A(2 watts)? I already combined 5v from step up and 2A from step down so will not i get 5v@2A as output in combination?

​Pls tell me one thing.If i combine the step up and step down circuit separately(using blocking diode) can not i get 5v at one end and 3A at other end of circuit?​Here small voltage and current is ignored after blocking with diode and i will use only biased volt and current.​​Why i will get 1v@3A you said?The step down circuit gives me 1v and 3A output using 3.5v in(from my battery).Then i will use another blocking diode to take current(3A) only and i dont need ​small ​voltage from this circuit.So can not i get 3A here(voltage blocked) and get 5v out​(current blocked)​ from ​both circuit and combine them to get 5v@3A?

​My main purpose is to recharge the same battery using back the stepped energy of the battery itself.If i feedback the stepped energy 5v@2A (using step up and step down​​) to the battery to recharge the same battery how long will my circuit work? Will my design really recharge the battery using the same battery energy([email protected]) as input and then recharging the battery again using the combined stepped voltage and current(5v@2A)?
mesquite

Reply Sun 2 Aug, 2015 11:53 am
@gwarming82,
TANSTAAFL (there ain't no such thing as a free lunch)

You cannot use the voltage (ElectroMotive Force) from one source the push the current (electron flow) from another circuit.
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Mon 3 Aug, 2015 02:43 am
@gwarming82,

Quote:
My main purpose is to recharge the same battery using back the stepped energy of the battery itself.If i feedback the stepped energy 5v@2A (using step up and step down​​) to the battery to recharge the same battery how long will my circuit work? Will my design really recharge the battery using the same battery energy([email protected]) as input and then recharging the battery again using the combined stepped voltage and current(5v@2A)?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Perpetual_motion
0 Replies