very impressive old painting *Help Identifying Art*

Reply Tue 28 Jul, 2015 07:18 pm
This is a recent purchase found tucked away and basically forgotten about. The artist obviously had quite a bit of talent and apparently was "known" about due to the paper tag on reverse (suggests to me that it may have been in a gallery or auction ect). I can't find where to upload images here so I'm not sure how much help I can give to describe the signature and painting itself. The paper peice on the back says thAt it is an Original Oi painting, I cannot make out the artist name bc the paper is a bit damaged but the first letter to the name is a D then maybe an I. The painting is titled but I can't make that out either. The painting is of an older bald man (hair on the side of his head) In overalls and a blue shirt sitting in a chair and carving a piece of wood. There is a large window to his left with letters on it, with the last letters. EL... Maybe He is sitting in front of a motel? The signature on this painting is rather hard to read. I think the last 5 letters may be NCKEY but I can't say for certain. I know this is not much to go on but I thiugh I would give it a shot.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 2 • Views: 842 • Replies: 3
No top replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Wed 29 Jul, 2015 10:33 am
@redsox81,
Try posting a photo or link to the painting.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Wed 29 Jul, 2015 10:39 am
@redsox81,
The back is almost as important as the front. Is there a name you could try to contact? If it was sold in a gallery they may well have a record of sale.
bobsal u1553115

Reply Wed 29 Jul, 2015 04:08 pm
@izzythepush,
Smarty smarty, Mr smarty pants! I knew that! I just assumed eeeeeveeeerybody knew that!
0 Replies