djjd62

Reply Thu 3 Sep, 2015 03:11 pm
F*** You Goodell.

yeah, i was a much bigger fan of Jesus Christ Superstar
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Thu 3 Sep, 2015 05:06 pm
@Region Philbis,
That's awesome do you know where this DVD is located?
Region Philbis

Reply Thu 3 Sep, 2015 05:20 pm
@Linkat,

Lewiston, ME...
Linkat

Reply Fri 4 Sep, 2015 08:13 am
@Region Philbis,
Funny going to maine today, but not to lewiston. Didn't even notice but my spell check changed DD to DVD.
Region Philbis

Reply Fri 4 Sep, 2015 08:25 am
@Linkat,

DVD = DriVe-thru .Dunks

Smile
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Sat 5 Sep, 2015 04:12 am
on FB, a triumphant TB-12 wrote:
The regular season starts tomorrow morning and I can’t wait to fully
commit my energy and emotion to focus on the challenges of the 2015
NFL season. I want to thank my family, my friends, all of the fans, past
and current players and my teammates for the support they have given
me throughout this challenging experience. I also want to thank Judge
Berman and his staff for their efforts to resolve this matter over the past
five weeks. I am very grateful. My thanks also to the union's legal team
who has fought so hard right along with me. While I am pleased to be
eligible to play, I am sorry our league had to endure this. I don’t think
it has been good for our sport - to a large degree, we have all lost. I am
also sorry to anyone whose feelings I may have hurt as I have tried to
work to resolve this situation. I love the NFL. It is a privilege to be a
member of the NFL community and I will always try to do my best in
representing my team and the league in a way that would make all
members of this community proud. I look forward to the competition
on the playing field and I hope the attention of NFL fans can return to
where it belongs - on the many great players and coaches who work so
hard every week, and sacrifice so much, to make this game great. Most
importantly, I look forward to representing the New England Patriots on
Thursday night in our season opener. I hope to make all of our fans proud
this year … and beyond!
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Mon 7 Sep, 2015 09:49 am

https://scontent-lga1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpf1/v/t1.0-9/11953091_487378181439997_3798476696731027801_n.jpg?oh=8f65279ac6a08256aed7c4fcf0813680&oe=56696306
tsarstepan

Reply Fri 11 Sep, 2015 11:01 am
@Region Philbis,
Brutally Honest NFL Theme Song with Bonnie McKee
Linkat

Reply Fri 11 Sep, 2015 12:22 pm
@tsarstepan,
NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell decided not to attend tonight’s season opener in New England, but Patriots fans made sure Goodell knew they were thinking of him.

After the Patriots took a 28-14 lead in the fourth quarter, a loud “Where is Roger?” chant began at Gillette Stadium.

The answer is that Goodell is watching the game on TV. Although the commissioner usually attends the first game of the season, Goodell decided not to show his face in the stadium where he’s a much-hated man after he attempted to suspend Tom Brady for the first four games of the season.

Goodell probably won’t be at any games in New England this season, as there’s a great deal of anger and mistrust between the league office and the folks in New England. But Patriots fans will hope that they get to see Goodell in the one game the commissioner absolutely must attend, the Super Bowl. The way the defending champs have played tonight, that looks entirely possible.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/09/10/patriots-fans-taunt-goodell-with-where-is-roger-chant/
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Sat 12 Sep, 2015 10:42 am

https://scontent-lga1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xfp1/v/t1.0-9/11010575_912195002161601_4770294617493985131_n.jpg?oh=417c8ca3440c1b49f9468fa68cb1f512&oe=56AA64DB
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Thu 29 Oct, 2015 10:34 pm

https://scontent-lga3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpt1/v/t1.0-9/12196139_959316630801830_4684156344062639076_n.jpg?oh=60c5be2aab069796eb82344065f84e63&oe=56D3224C
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Wed 2 Dec, 2015 06:52 pm

... so here's your chance to tell the NFL to fire Goodell . Exclamation
maxdancona

Reply Wed 2 Dec, 2015 06:57 pm
@Region Philbis,
Goodell can't sway the judge. But he can sway the officiating crews.
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Fri 18 Dec, 2015 11:12 am
Quote:
Roger Goodell, NFL Blasted For Bias, Dishonesty,
Fraud In N.Y. Law Professor’s DeflateGate Court Filing

For many Patriots fans who spent much of 2015 vehemently defending their quarterback
and their organization, New York law professor Robert Blecker provided a major boost
when he sat down with Armen Keteyain on “60 Minutes Sports” and provided an unbiased
evisceration of the NFL’s case.

Now, Blecker is providing a solid not just for the fans but also for Tom Brady himself, as
the law professor filed an amicus curiae brief with the United States Court of Appeals for
the Second Circuit in New York, the court that is considering the ongoing case between
Brady and the NFL.

“The record as a whole clearly reveals an NFL investigation purportedly ‘thorough’ and
‘independent’ but actually biased, dishonest and fundamentally unfair,” Blecker wrote.

The purpose of the brief was to provide an outside perspective to the judges, one that
comes from neither party and theoretically sets out to provide honest, uncompromised
information. And while biases and/or influences can never fully be accounted for, Blecker
left no doubt that Roger Goodell and the NFL ran an inherently unfair investigation and
subsequently issued an unjust penalty to Brady.

“Naturally, the NFL summarily characterizes its own investigation as full and fair, emphasizing
a Commissioner’s unfettered discretion to define and punish conduct detrimental to the
integrity of the sport,” Blecker wrote. “However from the start, the NFL’s investigation,
adjudication, and punishment of Tom Brady for actively participating in a scheme to illegally
tamper with ball pressure has been infected with bias, unfairness, evident partiality and
occasional fraud.”
(CBSBoston)
Ragman

Reply Fri 18 Dec, 2015 11:54 am
@Region Philbis,
If (and when) Pats win this SB, I'm going to love it when Bad-dell goes in for the hug as he hands over the Lombardi trophy..and Brady snubs him with a straight-arm.
Region Philbis

Reply Sat 23 Jan, 2016 04:09 pm

https://scontent-lga3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xfa1/v/t1.0-9/12508863_10204002185253676_808647447452572242_n.jpg?oh=996561ce5f1ecd78d64c18cf73674217&oe=5734B9A1
0 Replies

engineer

Reply Sat 23 Jan, 2016 07:55 pm
@Ragman,
Why? There is not any question the Pats were cheating. They've admitted it. The balls were clearly not inflated properly and it was done intentionally for the purpose of gaining an unfair advantage. Why are people happy when a team that is a proven cheater gets away with it? It's like people being really happy that their mayor, governor, whatever is a criminal who escapes justice every time. Not sure what the lure is.
maxdancona

Reply Sat 23 Jan, 2016 09:13 pm
@engineer,
Quote:
There is not any question the Pats were cheating. They've admitted it.

This is factually incorrect, Engineer. Do you have a link to where they have "admitted" they were cheating?

https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTExwQUOdE6xohU8yZwAzCM8Cgni2kibi7l9ZRadjsq-mziohhv2DhKwUE

The Patriots win because they are the best, in spite of all the attention they have gotten because of this stupid controversy.

And they keep winning because they are the best. That is the lure.
engineer

Reply Sat 23 Jan, 2016 09:56 pm
@maxdancona,
Quick Google search

Belichick admits to NFL owners he conducted illegal spying (and was protected by the NFL).
The Patriots fired both John Jastremski and James McNally because of Deflategate. Hard to argue is didn't happen when you are firing people. (Sorry, no it is not since that is what is happening here.)

I say again: why are people proud of "their" teams, politicians, etc "sticking it to the Man" and getting away with cheating? I only casually follow football, but if you really care about the game, why would you cheer on cheaters? Tennis (which I do follow) is going through this right now with players throwing games for gambling gains. (Big BBC report last week.) I'm all for the lifetime ban on players and I don't need murder conviction quality evidence. The evidence of betting patterns shown in the BBC report is plenty enough for me. Likewise, the texts in the Patriots scandal. Did Brady know? Probably. I think he is a world class quarterback who would know that his equipment was abnormal. Was the Patriot organization intentionally deflating the balls? Absolutely, just read the texts. Does that make you proud as a loyal fan? Maybe people think it is ok to cheat to win as opposed to cheating to lose like the tennis scandal. I don't think it is ok either way. If the Patriots win the Super Bowl it should be the NFL officials stiff arming the Pats, not the other way around. Just because you can get away with it doesn't mean you should.
McGentrix

Reply Sat 23 Jan, 2016 10:06 pm
@engineer,
Don't you think though, that in perspective of real life, it's not really a big deal? Does it really matter? Does anything that happens in sports have any affect on anything?

In last years AFC championship game, Brady's stats improved with balls inflated "properly". So, why would he want them to be any different than he was used to?