Reply Sat 25 Jul, 2015 12:34 pm
Hi i am Lilac new on this forum. I would like to receive your advises: i have a very good friend (a guy) we know each other for 2 years, but we just like each other very much and this is my question: is it OK to ask this guy to marry me without even being a girlfriend yet? Or should i wait for him to ask me?
Second question is: what should i to do if this guy change his behavior toward me after asking him the to marry me? His behavior is like he don't want me to be close to him anymore as before.

jespah

Reply Sat 25 Jul, 2015 12:50 pm
@lilackolor,
Don't propose to someone if it seems like they are becoming cold to you. I would also advise you to date first. I realize that relationships and mores differ from culture to culture, but you will be a LOT happier if you get to know him in a dating situation before anyone talks about marriage.

If you cannot ask someone out, then you aren't ready to propose marriage to them.
Ragman

Reply Sat 25 Jul, 2015 12:50 pm
@lilackolor,
Quote:
is it OK to ask this guy to marry me without even being a girlfriend yet?

I would hope you know the answer to this question without even asking it. I'm not saying that to be in any way harsh. Why would you even want to ask him to marry you? Perhaps this might be an issue of cultural differences or maybe even a language difficulty?

However, you have asked this question...so I have to assume you don't have a lot of experience with dating.

The answer is emphatically, NO! it's not OK. If you haven't started dating each other, you've no basis for determining whether or not he'd be compatible with you.
lilackolor

Reply Sun 26 Jul, 2015 01:02 am
@jespah,
Thank you for your advise. As i see i have lot to learn about dating.
0 Replies

lilackolor

Reply Sun 26 Jul, 2015 01:07 am
@Ragman,
Thank you for your reply, it was totally out of the way for me to ask that at the wrong sequence. I will take it as a lesson for my next date. Thank you!
0 Replies