Can anyone read blood tests?!

Reply Wed 22 Jul, 2015 01:42 pm
This is a long shot. I've rung my doctors surgery this morning trying to find out what they all mean and if they're all normal but the receptionist didn't have a clue and said a doctor will ring me, no phone call. I've tried googling them and that's no hope. Basically I'm not a smoker, I'm currently taking pantoprazole,
Been having nausea for 3 months straight now, had an X-ray, ultrasound and a keyhole surgery to see my insides with a camera they also took my appendix out while they were in there but they came back fine nothing was with with them according to the biopsy,

WCC 10.5
PMN 8.6
CRP 3
Creat 44
LFTs normal
Then the second letter they sent
WBC 10.5
Hb 139
CRP 4
BILI 16
ALP ALT 9
Na 137
K 4.2
U 2.2
CRP 49

Even if you know one or two that is still a great help. Thank you x
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 3 • Views: 2,029 • Replies: 7

Ragman

Reply Wed 22 Jul, 2015 02:04 pm
@Lovepink1234,
The most responsible and helpful action is for you to wait for your medical professional to tell you what this means.

I'll say this much about when I've read my own medical reports: if no 'L' or 'Low', or an 'H' or 'High' listed next to the numbers, all readings may mean all is normal. Generally the stated range of what is /are normal reading are in parentheses.

There are likely to be no doctors here on the forum. Forum rules prohibit diagnosing you, as well. If there was a doctor, he/she would be acting unethically to advise you over the Internet.

If you want some sort of understanding about terms, Google "what do these terms mean on my medical blood test?" you'll understand a little bit more.
Lovepink1234

Reply Wed 22 Jul, 2015 02:16 pm
@Ragman,
Thank you for your reply, I understand I was just wondering what the letter were standing for, I think they're shortened for the things they tested but I'm not sure. Sorry I'm just worrying a bit as I've been in and out of hospital then suddenly get this strange letter, no doctor has rung me so I will try again tomorrow, also I was wondering if anyone else has had blood tests and if they know if the numbers are unusually high, very sorry if I broke the rules, Google hasn't helped me so this was a long shot. Thank you for your reply!
Ragman

Reply Wed 22 Jul, 2015 02:36 pm
@Lovepink1234,
As I suggested, if you Google the phrase I suggested, the explanation of the components in the tests will be explained.

For example, Hgb = hemoglobin
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Wed 22 Jul, 2015 08:14 pm
@Lovepink1234,
You may be able to get some clarification from this website, or at least some education, on the various tests so you can ask intelligent questions of your physician when they contact you.

I use it quite frequently to learn more about my lab results.

https://labtestsonline.org/understanding/features/lab-report/
Lovepink1234

Reply Thu 23 Jul, 2015 02:36 am
@Butrflynet,
Thank you so much, that is such a help, I'm going to ring my gp now and hopefully I get someone ring me back, I've got loads of questions. Thank you!
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Thu 23 Jul, 2015 03:35 am
@Lovepink1234,
Wait for your doctor to call. Keep calling if they don't!

Creat is creatinine

Bili I'd guess as bilirubin

Na is sodium

K is potassium....they were checking your electrolytes.

WCC is white blood cell count

PMN Polymorphonuclear neutrophil

CRP looks like
CRP C Reactive Protein

LFT. Liver function test

HB. Haemoglobin concentration

Alp Alt....more liver function tests... http://study.com/academy/lesson/important-liver-values-albumin-alt-alp-ast.html

U would likely be urea

If you want you can search to see if the levels are normal, or you can talk to your doctor and get a professional opinion. They can't always get back immediately.....especially if things are fine

0 Replies

rammse

Reply Fri 24 Jul, 2015 06:04 am
@Lovepink1234,
why doctor didnt tell you nothing about it ?
0 Replies