Help figuring out reasonable jail sentence.

Ami23

Reply Tue 21 Jul, 2015 08:58 pm
I know it's hard to know exactly but can anyone give me a rough time estimate for a jail sentence? (This may be upseting for some people) This is in the UK. Man abused by wife. Married 18 years but together for 21. Abuse resulted in unintended death witnessed by 13 year old son (first time ever witnessed by child). Abuse was physical, mental/emotional and sexual. Victim put in hospital once due to physical assult by parter. Abuser has no priors - clean record. Children not harmed (not including death of father) but threats of devorse and/or taking away of children made. Abuser briefly held hostage at age 11. Victim was neglected as young child and become a member of law enforcement as an adult.
(Some of this is probably irrelevant but I wasn't sure what would help) I'm greatful for any help at all.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 3 • Views: 1,482 • Replies: 7
No top replies

Linkat

Reply Tue 21 Jul, 2015 09:22 pm
@Ami23,
According to UK law manslaughter is punishable from 10 years to life depending on mitigating factors.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Wed 22 Jul, 2015 05:45 am
@Ami23,
You don't decide this. Are you writing a book?
Linkat

Reply Wed 22 Jul, 2015 05:55 am
@jespah,
that was what I was guessing. A book or a story for school.
jespah

Reply Wed 22 Jul, 2015 07:08 am
@Linkat,
Possibly - thing is, a lot of people don't understand the justice system. Sentencing is also based on any number of other factors - and this crime isn't necessarily manslaughter, either.
Linkat

Reply Wed 22 Jul, 2015 08:15 am
@jespah,
Yeah I took from what was written and thought it best fit for manslaughter and figured it fit best for a school project - just an assumption based on the what was written sounded to me as if this person was writing something for school (I hope it isn't a book not written clear enough).
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Wed 22 Jul, 2015 08:16 am
@Ami23,
these pieces don't seem to match up well

Ami23 wrote:
Victim put in hospital once due to physical assult by parter. Abuser has no priors - clean record.
0 Replies

HesDeltanCaptain

Reply Sun 9 Aug, 2015 05:24 am
@Ami23,
Got her restrained in your basement or something? Smile
0 Replies