Reply Tue 21 Jul, 2015 01:12 pm
Just curious, discovered these things (two clear orange lens with a possible crosshair target in the center) by accident on a light pole next to a construction site. Can anyone (engineering wise) identify their purpose? Are they a part of a surveyor's equipment to see if the nearby construction is effecting the nearby light post? Something else?
http://i59.tinypic.com/xqm875.jpg
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 3 • Views: 2,025 • Replies: 4
No top replies

raprap

Reply Tue 21 Jul, 2015 02:13 pm
@tsarstepan,
Are you in Texas? If your in Texas they're part of the Jade Helm conspiracy. They're benchmarks that tie together all the abandoned WallMarts to the Federal Troops doing terrorism drills with benchmarks (wink wink).

That makes drone navigation easier. Don't you know.

Rap

tsarstepan

Reply Tue 21 Jul, 2015 02:17 pm
@raprap,
raprap wrote:

Are you in Texas? If your in Texas they're part of the Jade Helm conspiracy. They're benchmarks that tie together all the abandoned WallMarts to the Federal Troops doing terrorism drills with benchmarks (wink wink).

That makes drone navigation easier. Don't you know.

Rap

Laughing
Sorry. A few miles north of Texas. Brooklyn, NY.
0 Replies

rosborne979

Reply Tue 21 Jul, 2015 02:54 pm
@tsarstepan,
I would guess they are for laser sighting for survey equipment. Probably nothing to do with the light pole itself, just a common reference point from which to sight things. But that's just a wild guess, I really don't know what they are for.
tsarstepan

Reply Tue 21 Jul, 2015 04:28 pm
@rosborne979,
Makes sense to me.
0 Replies