Suggestions for a Good Dorm Refrigerator

Sun 19 Jul, 2015 05:30 am
Any model or make that you people have used and recommend. I need one that is reliable and recommended by someone using one.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 2 • Views: 1,080 • Replies: 5
Topic Closed
No top replies

farmerman

Sun 19 Jul, 2015 06:11 am
@KitchenQueen,
ant model that is easy to wipe out and clean.
glitterbag

Sun 19 Jul, 2015 12:19 pm
@farmerman,
Does Sub-Zero make mini fridges? Ask you Mom for one of those and watch the blood drain out of her face, then run like the wind before she can get to you
ossobuco

Sun 19 Jul, 2015 05:17 pm
@glitterbag,
I never lived in a dorm. I did trade a horse drawing I did for an old refrigerator.
The fridge worked long enough.
glitterbag

Mon 20 Jul, 2015 01:34 am
@ossobuco,
My parents bought a house in Anne Arundel County when we came back from overseas. We stayed with my grandparents in Baltimore until the house was ready and he knew where he was going to work. They bought a 1953 or 54 Westinghouse refrigerator with freezer compartment without a defost capability.

When I had to settle my Dad's estate, (he passed away in July 1999), that 45 year old fridge was in the basement, working fine and he bought cases of drinks from those big box stores and kept them cold in the old Westinghouse. I hated to see it go, no one wanted it and I had an obligation to set it free.
0 Replies

glitterbag

Mon 20 Jul, 2015 01:39 am
@KitchenQueen,
check Consumer Reports, they give pretty good advice.
0 Replies