CPS removing child during case?

Wed 15 Jul, 2015 12:42 am
CPS Opened an investigation after I overdosed on Heroin which was 4/4/15. I stayed clean about a month and then used a couple of times and then stopped in early May. CPS and I set up a case plan in mid May. I passed two drug screens. I missed a couple appointments for substance abuse evaluation due to no vehicle but my case worker said re schedule. I ended up going out Of state for a family emergency which she OKed. It ended up taking a week longer so she grew suspicious but as soon as I got home I met with her. She said because it seemed weird she was puttin my risk as high instead of medium and petitioning the court. She ended up giving me a test the next day which was fine BUT it was a hair test. I have super long hair but besides that I have only been clean two months. I'm sure she thinks I have been clean since the OD which would make it over three months but it's more like mid May that I have been clean. I know it'll come back positive. I am assuming at this point even though I'm doing what's needed she is going to see a positive think I used recentl and remove my child? I'm nervous as I don't have family in the state only out of state who could keep him for me. Also what sucks is if I had not missed my initial appointment my case would be closed this month. Any insight. Help support advice

dlowan

Wed 15 Jul, 2015 05:35 am
@Ngorges89,
I would hope that anyone capable of conducting a hair test is aware of hair growth and can estimate when last use was? If they cannot I would assume you can contest if you think the test gives an inaccurate result.

That being said, I hope you realise you are skating on thin ice and stop pushing limits. I have seen the result of parental drug addiction on kids. It's horrific. I hope you are not bull shitting yourself. You might want to consider plying a very straight and responsible course. As far as I can see you have already lied and that ain't good.

Do you want to be a good parent? I am sure you do. Be straight with yourself.
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Thu 16 Jul, 2015 03:35 pm
"if I had not missed my initial appointment my case would be closed this month."

Seems like a lot of other things were MORE important than keeping these appointments in order to get your child back.

Your actions, your consequences.
0 Replies

Retrograde

Tue 25 Apr, 2017 11:53 am
@Ngorges89,
I am very anti-CPS BUT I always have been absolutely CLEAN when it comes to being a parent, not sorta or "could be" ... So thr issue here is simply put: you OD'ed.- You have a child in your custody and you killed youraeld. Where is this child going to go? Does the child have grandparents or godparents or do you have anylegal papers so CPS does not take your child entirely but puts your child in the care of someone you know and trust and out of yours until you get your life straightened out.
Anyway you need the child removed and you need a case plan that includes no drugs. How old are you ans how old is your child? I mean you have been using heroin while a mom. You suck!! That baby could have died on your fun party watch. You suck. I know 2 months is so long I mean how was 9 months? Did you do that? Did you make it? Get on methadone? Don't if you are pregnant now but if not u need to go to a clinic to clean up. You will have to fight for that child. And you better!!
PUNKEY

Tue 25 Apr, 2017 12:23 pm
@Retrograde,
Note: The original post was dated July 2015.
0 Replies

Dizmonster

Mon 3 Sep, 2018 04:54 am
@Ngorges89,
@Ngorges89
After reading your post I know it was some time now earlier this year, but I am curious to what happened. Because I have been in a similar situation, (minus a few things like ODing and being given the chance to be reunified or able to keep my children in the home and do services). I have no prior criminal record or known drug history but have been labelled as a junkie addict unable and unfit to ever care for children due to my poor choices in relationships, my "drug" abuse history, my mental health and a million other things it seems. I hope that you don't end up like me a victim of the system because even if I could adequately and safely care for my children or had another child, the state would just take them no real reason to have to either since I have prior dependency cases dismissed or not. Normal people don't understand that everyone has flaws and we all mess up time to time the defining moments are when you get back up and keep trying to better yourself. I'm anti CFS because I a a firm believer they legally kidnap children for profit. Don't make it so easy to fall victim to their tactics educate yourself.
0 Replies