How can I justify my boyfriend having sex with me before marriage ?

Reply Sun 12 Jul, 2015 01:26 pm
So to begin with my boyfriend was not extremely religious at the start of our relationship, he is religious, don t get me wrong, but he wasn't extremely. Just recently he attended church camp for a week. Well, when he came back it was like he was a whole new person. We used to have sex somewhat regularly. Our relationship was never about sex, but when we choose to do it, I would feel more connected on a personal level. He now wants to wait till marriage to have sex, but I feel as if he has already committed the sin, why is it so wrong?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 9 • Views: 1,453 • Replies: 12
No top replies

jespah

Reply Sun 12 Jul, 2015 01:48 pm
@nevergivingup,
If he doesn't want to, then he doesn't want to.
0 Replies

CoastalRat

Reply Mon 13 Jul, 2015 01:53 pm
@nevergivingup,
He has evidently decided that not sinning is better for his relationship with God. My question would be, if you love him, why would you not want to support him in his decision? After all, isn't that what loving couples do, support each other?

If your desire for sex is more important than loving the person he is, which includes his desire to stop having premarital sex, then you can always end the relationship and find someone new to have sex with you.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Mon 13 Jul, 2015 01:56 pm
@nevergivingup,
nevergivingup wrote:
I feel as if he has already committed the sin, why is it so wrong?

If he hasn't explained it to you, ask him to.

Communication is the key.
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Mon 13 Jul, 2015 02:26 pm
Going to church camp would mess you up for awhile I would think. Sounds dreadful.

Give him some time, he'll come to his senses.
PUNKEY

Reply Mon 13 Jul, 2015 03:17 pm
" he has already committed the sin"

Is THAT what you think happened? Is that what you think sexual activity is before marriage?

If he feels he has sinned, then - after going to church camp-, he doesn't want to "sin" any more.

May I ask your ages?
0 Replies

roger

Reply Mon 13 Jul, 2015 03:17 pm
@chai2,
That suits my own philosophy perfectly.
chai2

Reply Mon 13 Jul, 2015 04:47 pm
@roger,
roger wrote:

That suits my own philosophy perfectly.

You ever see those signs or advertisements for "Vacation Bible School"?

Those are 3 words that make no sense when said together.

I can't even imagine what goes on there.
chai2

Reply Mon 13 Jul, 2015 04:53 pm
@chai2,
Holy crap.

This is so much worse!

Drop and give me 30 plasms maggot!

http://www.marionstreet.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/Screen-Shot-2015-05-21-at-1.22.56-PM-960x250.png

0 Replies

HesDeltanCaptain

Reply Tue 4 Aug, 2015 10:25 pm
@nevergivingup,
Striclty speaking, if you've had sex you're already married as far as Judaism or Christianity are concerned. Theologically, marriage is established in any combination of 3 ways: giving of a token low-value coin symbolizing the providing for one another (has gone from coin to ring in modern times,) formal contract creation and signing, and sex. Any 1 will do, or combination of all of them.

Downside of this interpretation is only if you breakup and have sex with someone else it's now adultery unless you followed theological procedure for a divorce or 'get' if Jewish. If Christian you're out of luck as according to Jesus you can't divorce.

So if you've been having sex, you're defacto married already.
0 Replies

AugustineBrother

Reply Thu 30 Jun, 2016 03:02 pm
@nevergivingup,
You will sow the seeds of future hate if you do that. When you try to bypass the inner decisions of people and blame it on love, at some point that person realizes : I am not important in myself to this person.
cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 30 Jun, 2016 03:13 pm
@AugustineBrother,
Some interesting information on "common law marriage."
http://family.findlaw.com/marriage/common-law-marriage.html
0 Replies

kumaramit

Reply Thu 25 Aug, 2016 04:46 am
@nevergivingup,
Your thinking is fully satisfied if you both having sex many times before then there will be no problem to do it again as your marriage is fixed , i hope there will be no issue about that.
0 Replies