Does he like me, or what? Please help!!

Reply Sat 11 Jul, 2015 09:14 am
I know this is long, but i really really need help, so please read this and give me your opinion!! I am a 17 year old girl and I have been talking to a guy who is 22. We have known each other for at least five years. Sevral years ago we hung out. He was in the army as a medic and was staying in Texas, and was back up to visit. We live in Iowa. This happened twice, and he tried to kiss me the second time but I didn't let him. I don't know why, and I really regret it. Anyway, over the next year we gradually stopped talking. In the time we didn't talk, he dated a girl in Texas. That's the only relationship that I know of that was serious at all. A few months ago I liked a Facebook post that he shared. He then messaged me and said he was back in Iowa. I played like I was surprised, although I already knew. We started talking again gradually until it has become an everyday, basically as long as we are both awake kind of thing. But there are sometimes like entire hours before one of us replies. He works really weird hours though which doesn't help, and my phone only works with Wi-Fi, so when I stay at my grandma's, we don't talk. Also, he almost always starts the conversations, and I generally end then. It hasn't been said, but I do it because I don't want to wake him up and I never know how long he will sleep. A month ago he asked me twice to Snapchat him, so I made one against my suspicions of the app. We have talked 30 strait days on there, and there is a heart by his name too, which I think means I'm his best friend on there too?? Throughout this time he has called me pretty about ten times, among other compliments. He even told me he wanted to kiss me. But was worried. I think because of my age. I told him not to worry, that a kiss was a long ways from anything that anyone could do something about. I thought this was telling him I wanted him to kiss me too. He has had sex with a lot of other girls, he told me and he said he regrets being a whore in his past. But just the other day he made a joke about getting laid. I wouldn't care, about his past because he knows I'm not "easy". I would love to kiss him and stuff, but just not taking it too far. And if he was willing to just be with be without sex, that would tell me he really likes me and sex isn't more important or all he wants. But I'd still hope he would kiss me. Anyway, so after him having something come up about five times when we were supposed to hang out, even though he always suggested it, we finally did last night. He picked me up in his amazing car. We sat in it at his house for about five minutes and while he smoked, and I let him do most of the talking, because last time, a few years ago, he said I nervously rambled making things awkward. Plus I was nervous. He has gotten so so attractive and I couldn't tell that through his pictures. Anyway, the conversation was fine, nothing awkward really. Anyway before we went inside his house he said, you're 18 by the way, I'm guessing in case his roommates asked. So we went up to his room to watch a movie. His room is extremely hot so he went to open a window and told me to make myself comfortable. So I sat down on the bed with my back against the wall. His bed is really tiny and he made a joke, at least I think it was a joke, about me taking up the whole bed. I wasn't actually though. Anyway, he got the movie ready, took off his shirt so he just had on a black undershirt tank top thing and sat down by me, and our arms were touching, and I have to admit I wanted him to just forget the movie and kiss me. He smelled amazing too. I generally hate being touched at all, but all i wanted was more of it. I mean, the sensation of his arm against mine was more amazing than i even thought possible. And before when he first started the movie, his arm was against my leg, like just under my knee because he had the mouse to the computer on the other side. I didn't move, because again, just his arm on my leg felt so perfect He ended up having to fix the movie though, and when he sat back down, he sat away enough that we didn't touch. As soon as it was over, he said he'd drive me home. He had to be up for drill at four thirty, it was ten thirty and he still had to pack. But I felt like I was being rushed out. We stopped to pet his cat for just a second, but that was it. Then when we got in the car, he did a u turn and he said hold on. He then laughed after and said that once he said that and the person didn't hear him and hit their head on the window. He then said she wasn't very happy. She? What was that supposed to mean? When we got there he just said he would message me and I said okay, see ya, and that was it. Five minutes later I got a Snapchat notification that he was typing, but he never said anything. About ten or fifteen minutes later he just regularly snap chatted me and asked how I liked the movie. We made really small talk for less than half an hour and he said he was going to bed. Why didn't he even touch me, let alone kiss me?? I wanted him to so badly. Does he just not like me or what? Should I start the conversation this morning, because he hasn't, but he may not know if I'm up. What do I do, and how can I make him like me!? How or what do I do to get him to just want to hold me and kiss me? And how do I get him to hang out with me again? The movie thing isn't an option again yet, and we live in a really small town so there's nothing to do. Plus I don't have money. And if I suggested it, I couldn't have him pay. And if I do see him again, should I make the first move? I really want to know why he didn't touch me. I even tried to make my body language open, and discreetly put my hand in a position that he could easily have held it. I even wore clothes that I thought looked really good on me. And they were more revealing than I'm even used too. Also the other night I told him my sister was trying to set me up with some guy that supposedly liked me. He was encouraging me to go! I didn't though. I just don't get it. I've never even kissed anyone before, so I'm pretty clueless. I can email you pictures of us if that would help too. Just please, I need some advice!!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 3 • Views: 739 • Replies: 5

jespah

Reply Sat 11 Jul, 2015 09:27 am
@Need help badly ah,
You're still under 18. Perhaps he didn't want to start something he couldn't finish?
Need help badly ah

Reply Sat 11 Jul, 2015 09:31 am
@jespah,
I turn 18 in January. Should I like, keep talking to him until then, but wait to make a move until then too or what? How do I know if he'd be interested if I was 18?
ehBeth

Reply Sat 11 Jul, 2015 09:42 am
@Need help badly ah,
Need help badly ah wrote:
How do I know if he'd be interested if I was 18?

ask him.

talk to him.

if you think you're interested in a relationship with him, you're going to have to talk to him honestly about that

if you wanted him to hold your hand - why didn't you tell him? why didn't you reach out to his hand? relationships are two-way.

___

my guess is that he's aware that you're too young to be involved with at this point

0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sat 11 Jul, 2015 09:44 am
@Need help badly ah,
Need help badly ah wrote:
Also the other night I told him my sister was trying to set me up with some guy that supposedly liked me. He was encouraging me to go! I didn't though.

he and your sister are right.
0 Replies

Need help badly ah

Reply Sat 25 Jul, 2015 08:19 pm
@Need help badly ah,
To anyone reading this, finding themselves in a similar situation. I tortured myself with this for a month. We kinda talked a little throughout. I just flat out asked him tonight. He said he never liked me like that, I'm just pretty. Whatever that means. So yeah, instead of being scared like I was and getting even more hurt, just ask. At least you won't be wasting your time.
0 Replies