Is Peanut Butter Your Religion?

Reply Tue 7 Jul, 2015 06:19 am
What is your most creative use for peanut butter? Do you consume peanut butter on a daily basis because without it, life would seem empty and hopeless?

Quote:
You put peanut butter on 34 out of 58 items on this list

LEVEL 2 - Your love for peanut butter is incredibly intense! Your friends and family know you love peanut butter. You daydream about new foods you could try with peanut butter. If someone bought you a jar of peanut butter for your birthday, this would greatly please you. You cannot imagine a world without peanut butter.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/nathanwpyle/how-much-do-you-love-peanut-butter#.exYvb9wEjm
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 13 • Views: 5,255 • Replies: 34
No top replies

Lordyaswas

Reply Tue 7 Jul, 2015 06:47 am
Erm....before I take this test, your Tsarity, could I just enquire as to whether we are including that horrible, horrible slime that Kirkland calls smooth peanut butter?
You know, that one with a brown putty like substance on the bottom and an inch of clear snot on the top, which you are supposed to spend all day stirring in?

Yukkypoo.
tsarstepan

Reply Tue 7 Jul, 2015 06:50 am
@Lordyaswas,
That sounds like penance.
0 Replies

FBM

Reply Tue 7 Jul, 2015 07:25 am
OK, if I'm having doubts about this goober-inspired religion, or if I committed a goober-related sin, where is the confessional? How many "Heil, Peter Pans" will I have to say?
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Tue 7 Jul, 2015 11:33 am
I have never liked peanut butter. I don't it eat on or with anything. In recent years, I've developed an allergy to nuts. Now I don't eat it twice as much.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 7 Jul, 2015 11:35 am
I eat natural peanut butter from time to time. But I hate peanut butter cookies.
ehBeth

Reply Tue 7 Jul, 2015 11:37 am
@tsarstepan,
I'm level 1. I bow before you, level 2 master!
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Tue 7 Jul, 2015 11:58 am
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:

But I hate peanut butter cookies.

http://i57.tinypic.com/2s8fomq.jpg
Lordyaswas

Reply Tue 7 Jul, 2015 12:12 pm
I once took a jar of Sun Pat Peanut Butter over to Hungary, just after the Russians had buggered off.
It was in a package of what we thought passed as "Western Food", for a teacher friend and her hubby, who lived in Budapest.

Lots of oohs and aahs were heard over the next few days, as they sampled our English Jam, Marmalade and Scotch Whisky, etc.
It was all going fine until the day that the Peanut Butter was opened.
Hungarian hubby tried a small amount on a spoon and immediately spat it out, as it was exactly the same stuff he got in his Army rations when he was forced to serve in the Russian army.
He made a big point of apologising to us for his rudeness, before ceremonially chucking it into the outside bin.

Personally, I could have SunPat or Skippy fed to me intravenously (sp?).

0 Replies

MontereyJack

Reply Tue 7 Jul, 2015 01:29 pm
I'll take Trader Joe's Cookie Butter or even better, Cookie Butter ice cream.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 7 Jul, 2015 02:18 pm
Um, I'm neutral on this.
I never liked peanut butter and jelly sandwiches as a kid (with or without nuts), much less plain peanut butter ones, was a picky eater. Haven't had a pb sandwich since then either (why would I, eh?)' I like peanut butter cookies ok, but merely ok relative to other cookies, and prefer those to have some cocoa or chocolate bits mixed in. I maybe have put it in a smoothie or two when I was first trying out making yogurt smoothies. I think I made Katy dog some peanut butter dog cookies a few times. She liked the other ones better. A jar of pb can last for years in the back of my fridge.
I guess that on this subject I'm agnostic.

On the other hand, I do like salted peanuts.... mostly for the salt, and try to avoid them.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Tue 7 Jul, 2015 03:22 pm
@tsarstepan,
tsarstepan wrote:

http://i57.tinypic.com/2s8fomq.jpg
[/quote]

Ooooh! Cats and peanut butter are the perfect combination. Most of them love the stuff, but their mouths aren't set up to swallow the stuff. More fun than watching a Slinky after you push it off the stairs.
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Tue 21 Jul, 2015 04:51 pm
I don't consider PB gourmet food, but I eat it almost every day with Smart Balance margarine and jam on a whole wheat english muffin or very course and seeded whole grain bread. By the way, I only eat pb that I grind myself at the market; I never buy it in jars. In some ways it's my favorite food, but only as I described it above. I don't like it by its dry self or in cookies.
ossobuco

Reply Tue 21 Jul, 2015 05:23 pm
@JLNobody,
Hi, JL!

I'm no margarine fan but I am guessing you pick the best kind.

So, what is your favorite food?
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Tue 21 Jul, 2015 05:30 pm
All righty.

When I was a kid, I loved putting peanut butter on a saltine, and topping it with a bit of shrimp salad.

There had to be at least one piece of celery on the cracker, along with the shimp.
roger

Reply Tue 21 Jul, 2015 06:02 pm
@chai2,
Erp!
chai2

Reply Tue 21 Jul, 2015 08:56 pm
@roger,
Hey, have you tried it? Wink
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Tue 21 Jul, 2015 09:04 pm
@tsarstepan,
This reminds me of the first time I was left alone as a child. Happy to be independent even for only a couple of hours, I went and made a snack...Ritz crackers with peanut butter. These sandwiches were stacked with a huge glob of peanut butter between them. Unfortunately, just as I was taking my first bite my parents came home early. Ah memories.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Tue 21 Jul, 2015 09:10 pm
@roger,
Do I look like somebody that would mix seafood and celery with peanut butter?
JLNobody

Reply Wed 22 Jul, 2015 10:57 pm
@roger,
I like my peanut butter sometimes with vegenaise, a veggie version of mayonaise made from grapeseed oil, just delicious, and healthful.
Osso, I'm a fish lover, but lately in my old age I sometimes crave a good beef steak, But nothing is better as far as I'm concerned that cod fish or salmon.