independent contractor suspended

Reply Fri 3 Jul, 2015 11:21 pm
I have been working for a city run golf course as an independent contractor. I was under contract for the first two years. the last three years I have no contract. Ive still been teaching the lessons and giving them their 25% and I get my 75%. I ring all the money in their register then every second Friday I get a check for the 75%. When I sell a package of lessons for say $400 I have to ring the lessons in under a gift card and swipe the card every time they come back in so I never get the package money up front. I get my 1099 at the end of the year. Recently I was suspended by the city because the city administrator was hitting balls in the wrong area of the driving range and I told him to move like I do to 4 customers a week. he replied with, "do you know who I am"? I had to have a meeting with the two guys at the course I answer too and their two bosses. Im suspended right now and wondering if this is fair?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 2 • Views: 549 • Replies: 1
No top replies

roger

Reply Sat 4 Jul, 2015 01:41 am
@progolfer,
No, it isn't.
0 Replies