why does my kitten smell so bad??

mckenzie

Reply Tue 13 Jul, 2004 10:49 am
msolga, I'll pm you with a yahoo address for c.d.

I have a printout of the last Abuzz master mailing list, as of spring 2002

mck
0 Replies

margo

Reply Tue 13 Jul, 2004 09:28 pm
mckenzie

Long time no see!
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Tue 13 Jul, 2004 11:59 pm
Hello mckenzie! Lovely to see you again! And thank you ... I've emailed the address you gave me for cd & we'll see what happens!
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Wed 14 Jul, 2004 12:02 am
uhoh! I just received the no longer reachable message from my server! Sad Thanks for trying, mac!
0 Replies

apmom1266

Reply Tue 10 Aug, 2004 08:08 pm
Our Musha used to have the same problem, and the vet told us to use Science Diet Kitten diet; I think it was also specifically for digestive issues. She was gassy and stinky. It seemed expensive at first, but since the servings are pretty small it was really comparable. I agree that you should take your kitten off milk; he's no longer young enough to need it. Also, while it may be tempting to give treats, don't give in; just go with plain water and the dry Science Diet. Keep close tabs on his weight and follow the directions for serving size closely.
After he's gone a couple months without being stinky, then you might try adding different things to his diet. However, just as with a human infant, try only one new thing at a time for a few days. If you get a negative reaction don't use that product again for a long time, if there isn't a problem just keep track of what is ok. After you've tried solitary extras you could move on to combinations; sometimes two single ingredients won't be a problem, but if mix them and you could have a problem.kwim?
0 Replies

fortune

Reply Fri 13 Aug, 2004 09:02 am
Have you checked the environs? Cat's are known to get into all sorts of stuff (admittedly not as much as dogs). I had a cat once that used to steal chocolate from me. Maybe your kitten is tucking into something of which you would not approve when you're not watching.
0 Replies