Bad idea, rebound divorce?

Steve11

Reply Fri 3 Jul, 2015 07:14 am
I'm confused, I met someone about 14 months ago, she had started her divorce. After a while I realised he was still around, such as a few of his things were at hers and he was texting her. Anyway after about 8 months this went bad, he was around more and then I was basically cut off by her thrown in the bin I guess,. Obviously I was upset and a few weeks ago she contacted me wanting to get back with me. She said her family pressured her to get back with him to give it another try. She also cut me off to be kind, if that makes sense After a while she managed to get her family support and left him, then 2 mothers layer, which is now, contacted me. I did really like her and we got on great but I'm not sure I can do this. Any thoughts?

Ragman

Reply Fri 3 Jul, 2015 07:59 am
@Steve11,
This is such an individual thing emotionally. Forgiveness and tolerance for others mistakes and also how much you can handle are real growth areas for most of us.

If it were me, I'd find someone else. One thing I'd be cautious of ... she seems to be swayed by her family..and may have trouble being independent and perhaps is not emotionally stable now. Or is that more than just a temporary condition?

Another thing is her dependence on others. Does she have her own home? Can she support herself? Does she work? Does she have children, etc? Or is she looking to be taken care of?

It's very difficult determining when someone else is ready and available emotionally after their divorce. She wasn't done with her divorce both legally and emotionally. Who knows whether or not she is ready now? Does she know? Can you trust her? I wouldn't be able to.

Remember this, she cut you off..and it was quite abrupt. That has to hurt and you didn't deserve to treated so shabbily. That is not a good sign..no matter why it happened.

Good luck with this. I don't envy your position.
0 Replies