HERE'S TO YOU, OLD FRIENDS . . .

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 2 Jul, 2015 12:04 pm
@PDiddie,
Thanks. Had no idear.
margo

Reply Fri 3 Jul, 2015 01:40 am
Sadly, some of our old friends are going away.....one way or another.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Fri 3 Jul, 2015 02:38 am
Himself??? (Or something like that.)

Spoke in poetry.

His wife posted about his death.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Fri 3 Jul, 2015 03:41 pm
@edgarblythe,
i thought that ci was just going to be away for a procedure. Has his condition taken a turn?

CalamityJane

Reply Fri 3 Jul, 2015 04:50 pm
@farmerman,
He hasn't posted in a long time. Hopefully he's recovering .....

I also think that something happened to spendi. He never would have left
a2k. He had his rituals and he stuck to them....a2k, taking a bath, going to the pub, returning to a2k. He religiously followed this time line.
edgarblythe

Reply Fri 3 Jul, 2015 04:57 pm
@farmerman,
CI had kidney failure and was put on dialysis. He said he was expecting to recover, but then he gradually quit responding to his friends on line.
ossobuco

Reply Fri 3 Jul, 2015 05:16 pm
@CalamityJane,
Spendi drove me crazy, of course, and I probably ranted at him in as scintillatingly a manner as I could, once in a while, failing to make a dent. Or just yelled at him. Somewhere in there we might have had some non loaded comments.

He did pm me once, would that I had saved it to some file, that he liked me, regarded me well (not his words, as I forget them, but remember the intent, and it was unusually, for him, straightforward).
I guess that all that time I took his damsel (etc) commentary as put on but stilll wasn't clear that it was.

Come back, Spendi, and explain..
I don't wish him a lingering death. I'll fantasize he is in rehab and about to talk to us.
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Fri 3 Jul, 2015 05:40 pm
Diva den - she had a couple of handles over the years. Went really young.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Fri 3 Jul, 2015 06:08 pm
@CalamityJane,
yeh, thats why Ive suspected his condition may have been more serious than he let on in a PM.
Early in his on-line career here, he sent me a PM after a particularly snarky exchange. He gave me a "Godfather" response that it was "Nothing personal, only business". It was at that time that I suspectedhe was a Friar (at least). SInce he said that he "Said his offices".

farmerman

Reply Fri 3 Jul, 2015 06:16 pm
@edgarblythe,
Kidney failure i a chronic condition in today's med world. One of my clients had a severe condition and underwent a kidney transplant after years of dialysis. Hes now playing golf and enjoying a late life career as The partner of a large law firm that manages lots of mineral exchanges and mining rights and "wild West and Argentinian" stuff, and hes late 70's.
SO, ci better get his ass in gear or Ill write a stern letter of remonstrance regarding his apparent condition.Up, is with which, that shall not be put.
ehBeth

Reply Fri 3 Jul, 2015 06:23 pm
@farmerman,
Tak's 80th birthday was yesterday.

I noticed on FB a couple of family members wishing him a happy birthday on one of his accounts - and what appeared to be a neighbour sending birthday greetings on the other account.
ossobuco

Reply Fri 3 Jul, 2015 06:24 pm
@farmerman,
I think Lucy could tell us, but may want privacy. I've no idea if she is on facebook.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Fri 3 Jul, 2015 06:35 pm
@farmerman,
Wow...I had no idea he had taken Holy Orders.

Interesting.

As you said in one of my threads, he may have been a pain-in-the-ass...but he was OUR pain-in-the-ass.

I hope he is well...or if he has shed this mortal coil...that it was a peaceful exit.

Glad to hear ci is still with us...even if he cannot get around here to post.

David...I would like to hear from David.

0 Replies

neologist

Reply Sun 5 Jul, 2015 09:42 am
@edgarblythe,
CI has to come back.
He has not yet seen the world. . .
And, then there's the revisits. . . .
neologist

Reply Mon 6 Jul, 2015 02:43 pm
@neologist,
CI sighting here.
0 Replies