Somewhat complicated Garageband issue, need serious help!

Reply Wed 1 Jul, 2015 04:14 pm
I have Garageband on my iPad (iPad 2 if that matters) and I have a Windows computer. I need to send a Garageband file to someone--and by that I mean I can't just send the audio file, I need to send the actual .band file so that he can open it and edit it on his copy of Garageband.

There are several options on the app itself to send or post songs, but all of them only send the audio file in .mp4 or .mp3. I found a tutorial that told me to save the song to Itunes as a .band file, sync the iPad to my computer, open the file on the computer's Itunes, find the file in Apps, save it to the computer and then it would be available to send or use. I did all that, but it transferred the song in the format of an empty folder...probably because it's a Windows computer and is not compatible with Garageband or the file type?

I know there must be some people who have Apple devices and Windows computers and have encountered this problem. Does anyone know of a way to get this song to him in Garageband format that doesn't involve actually buying a freaking mac? Thanks so much for any help.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 7,356 • Replies: 0
No top replies