Yoga and muscles

Reply Mon 29 Jun, 2015 08:06 am
I have a unexpected problem.. I started yoga 3 months ago just to relax, and I my arms and waist circumference gained in muscles. You can't really see it, but I start to have trouble with my high skirts, it starts to be really painful to wear it, and I just hate it. Some of my skirt I just can't wear it anymore! I'm planning to stop yoga and hope that it will be enough to go back to how I was before to start, what do you think?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 3 • Views: 987 • Replies: 3
No top replies

annifa

Reply Mon 29 Jun, 2015 09:11 am
@ochateau,
Probably need a bigger skirt! Muscles harder and less flexible than a squidgy tum - stick with it though, it's good to build up your core strength.

I'm talking like I do yoga... I don't :/
0 Replies

GorDie

Reply Mon 29 Jun, 2015 10:31 am
@ochateau,
Do you know what the definition of Yoga is in the language where Yoga originated?

Yoga as a culture in America is founded on the misinterpretation of what people are doing as "yoga" in the far East.

Yoga by definition in those countries where it originated is not a reference to stretching, and balancing ones posture, or moving around once in a while to adjust energy.

YOGA, by definition is an unending event in which all aspects of your life are a portion of it. Yoga, by definition of Sanskrit is Devotional service to God. A healthy lifestyle of being BALANCED and in tune with God the World and Yourself.

If Yoga ends for you, then you factually are not partaking in Yoga. You are stretching, balancing, and moving. This is a flaw in America's education and understanding of culture.

Being in tune with reality and being one with God is a mandatory portion of "doing Yoga". If you are atheist, Yoga is IMPOSSIBLE for you.

Just to clarify the origin and technical definition of the term - regarding this common misinterpretation.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Mon 29 Jun, 2015 10:39 am
@ochateau,
Apparently you picked the wrong kind of yoga class for your purposes.

Speak to your instructor and find out what kind of yogi you should be working with.
0 Replies