How do I change how Internet sites recognize my computer?

Reply Fri 26 Jun, 2015 10:34 pm
How do I change how Internet sites recognize my computer?

I use a trial version of software. During the trial, every time you load up the program it connects to the Internet to get verification. after 30 days the trial runs out. I delete the program and reinstall but it's still recognizes my computer. Is it possible to change how the Internet site recognizes my computer?

Sunny More

Reply Fri 26 Jun, 2015 10:44 pm
@Sunny More,
Never mind I just saw this isn't the kind of post for this website
Region Philbis

Reply Sat 27 Jun, 2015 02:50 am
@Sunny More,

sure it is.

be patient -- someone will be along who can possibly help...
0 Replies

parados

Reply Sat 27 Jun, 2015 05:42 am
@Sunny More,
Many programs save something somewhere that shows the verified date they were installed. Autodesk used to install it on a hidden part of the hard disk. Simply deleting and reinstalling the program doesn't delete this hidden file. I believe Autodesk actually kept it in the MBR of the hard drive so it wasn't accessible for normal users to delete.

One way to get around this is to completely wipe your hard drive, reformat, reinstall your operating system then reinstall the trial program. Of course the means you are reinstalling all the programs every 30 days. An easier way might be to simply buy the program if it has value for you.

That is assuming that the program isn't calling home to a database that shows which computers have installed the trial version and should no longer be able to run it. It is possible for someone to create a unique identifier based on your computer hardware that would allow them to always identify your computer even if you wipe your hard drive. In that case, no matter what you do, you will never be able to run the software again on your existing computer until you buy it.

Most Microsoft products have a way to extend the 30 day trial another 30 days. This is to assist installation across a large enterprise. Once again, they eventually run out and you would not be able to simply delete and reinstall.

Without knowing which software you are using and what system the legal manufacturer uses to identify the end of the trial date there is no way to tell you how to try to steal the program. In most cases it is simply easier to buy the program or find a cheaper product that does the same thing.

Sunny More

Reply Sun 28 Jun, 2015 11:51 pm
@parados,
Not sure if it would be stealing. What would I be taking, a copy? I might pay for an original Van Gogh, but why should I be charged for a xerox? The program is Ableton Live, runs a grand give or take.
parados

Reply Mon 29 Jun, 2015 06:59 am
@Sunny More,
You already have the copy on your computer. You can keep that copy as long as you want to.

The problem is you want to be able to use the copy you have. That is something completely different from just having a xerox copy.
Sunny More

Reply Wed 1 Jul, 2015 11:56 pm
@parados,
Problem isn't that they are charging me for the copy I got?
0 Replies

roger

Reply Thu 2 Jul, 2015 12:05 am
@Sunny More,
You might not believe this, but that argument has been tried before.
0 Replies

FBM

Reply Thu 2 Jul, 2015 12:44 am
You can probably find a torrent that has the crack .dll file included, along with installation instructions. You didn't hear this from me. Because I've never done that. I don't do things like that. Because that would be wrong.
0 Replies