visiting dating site while engaged

i3lions

Reply Wed 24 Jun, 2015 05:58 pm
I am engaged to his girl. We met on Match.com, and seeing each other for last 6 months. Even Though we are in serious a relationship and making plans to get married. I once caught her talking to this other guy on Match.com (after engagement). She was talking to him for 2-3 weeks and were making plans to meet up. When I found out, she was sorry and asked for forgiveness. She stated she loves me and want to be with me and get married. We both have Match.com profile still active. I suggested that since we both want to move forward and get married, lets close our Match.com profile. She does not want to cancel the membership and wants to keep it for our memory. Memory that we met on this site and its a sweet memory. We had argument over this. I told her that someone from that site could interfere in our relationship and could be problem.
For me asking to delete both our profile, is that wrong?
Should I let her keep the profile and still trust her?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 4 • Views: 1,164 • Replies: 4
No top replies

Ragman

Reply Wed 24 Jun, 2015 06:11 pm
@i3lions,
That's a tough one. If it were me, the answer would be easy 'cause I'd insist both profiles be removed. Furthermore, there's no reason she should be talking with this other guy... period. If she wants to maintain an active Match profile, I'd feel that clearly she's hedging her bets.

However, I'll also tell you something about me. I've had 2 marriages/divorces and two long-term 5 yr relationships and I'm living alone now.

Are you sure you want advice from me?
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Wed 24 Jun, 2015 07:30 pm
@i3lions,
i3lions wrote:
She does not want to cancel the membership and wants to keep it for our memory. Memory that we met on this site and its a sweet memory.

print out screenshots of your profile pages and frame them. that would make a nice memory.

an active dating profile is not a memory.

are you sure this person wants to get married?
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Thu 25 Jun, 2015 06:28 am
She's giving out the message that she's still available.

No, she does not want to get married.

Let this be just ONE sign that this gal is not ready to settle for one guy.
0 Replies

CoastalRat

Reply Thu 25 Jun, 2015 06:33 am
@i3lions,
I'm with ehBeth on this one. Both of you should close your accounts. Heck, if you eventually break up you can always re-open an account.

I don't think she is as keen to getting married as you are. Hopefully you are not getting married anytime soon.
0 Replies