Mass Recall

McGentrix

Reply Sat 17 Oct, 2015 07:35 am
@Ionus,
Ionus wrote:

Quote:
I raised the matter that YOU don't understand it
That is not a matter. It is your assumption. You make lots of those.

Since you are going to spit your dummy, I will explain:
Quote:
The Second Amendment of the United States Constitution reads: "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

It clearly states that a well regulated militia is necessary to the security of a
free state. They may well have believed that but most of their motive was it is a big world and they were surrounded by Spain, France, Britain and natives and had very little money for a professional military. The revolution itself nearly petered out due to a lack of funds and interest.

It clearly states a well regulated militia, not one tooth billy and his cousins can have armour piercing cyanide tipped Police killer bullets.

Yes, it clearly states that a well regulated militia is necessary. It is BECAUSE of the need of a militia that the rights of the PEOPLE, not the militia, to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed. It doesn't say that the rights of the militia shall not be infringed, but the rights of the people.

The US was designed to be free, not safe. There is no guarantee of safety, but there is many guarantees of freedom in the constitution.
0 Replies

Ionus

Reply Mon 26 Oct, 2015 05:16 am
The one thing I will never understand about the USA is how obsessed its males are with polishing and shooting their weapons . You may cite freedom, but you dont care a rats arse about freedom, you care about owning a gun . Why dont you admit why you want weapons ? You are frightened and have a tiny penis . Why dont you exercise your freedom to vote ? Because you dont care, but a gun is shining and phallic .

The basis of the militia was cost and the fear of the states that didn't want to be a part of the USA, who were to eventually use that militia to fight your bloodiest war ever, the Civil War, fought for the freedom of secession . Which states have the most liberal gun laws ?
Ionus

Reply Mon 26 Oct, 2015 05:19 am
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Regular_Army_%28United_States%29

Quote:
Because of the inability of Congress to raise much revenue under the Articles of Confederation, American suspicion of standing armies and perceived safety from foreign enemies provided by large oceans effectively controlled by the then non-threatening British navy, Congress disbanded the Continental Army after the Treaty of Paris, the peace treaty with Great Britain, became effective. Congress retained 80 caretaker soldiers to protect arms and equipment at West Point, New York and Fort Pitt and called on the States to furnish 700 men from their militias for one year of service on the frontier. The delegates to the Constitutional Convention in Philadelphia in 1787 recognized the need for a more permanent military establishment and provided for a national regular army and navy and a militia under state control, subject to civilian control through congressional control of appropriations and presidential leadership as commander in chief of the regular forces and of the militia when called into federal service.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Mon 26 Oct, 2015 06:27 am
@Ionus,
Ionus wrote:

The one thing I will never understand about the USA is how obsessed its males are with polishing and shooting their weapons . You may cite freedom, but you dont care a rats arse about freedom, you care about owning a gun . Why dont you admit why you want weapons ? You are frightened and have a tiny penis . Why dont you exercise your freedom to vote ? Because you dont care, but a gun is shining and phallic .

The basis of the militia was cost and the fear of the states that didn't want to be a part of the USA, who were to eventually use that militia to fight your bloodiest war ever, the Civil War, fought for the freedom of secession . Which states have the most liberal gun laws ?

What about women gun owners? Do they also have a small penis? What about people that have a large penis and still enjoy the freedom of gun ownership? Are they just exceptions? Is a large penis a good thing to have when someone breaks into your home?

"Oh, sorry, I didn't realize someone with a large penis lives here, we'll leave now."

I understand that you just want to emasculate gun owners with the small penis comment, like if I were to call you a pussy for being afraid of guns would just be me feminizing your fear of guns. But I wouldn't do that. If you don't want a gun, you would certainly be free to not have one if you lived in the US. You should probably get a large poster and hang it on your front door so everyone would know how principled you are.

"NO GUNS HERE! THIS HOME DOES NOT ALLOW ANY GUNS TO CROSS THIS THRESHOLD!!"

I am sure that would go over quite well in a lot of neighborhoods.
Ionus

Reply Mon 16 Nov, 2015 09:23 pm
@McGentrix,
Talking about phallic symbols certainly got your attention . Women drink, wear men's clothes and own firearms to be like men...it helps them fit into men's groups and widens their chances of a mate . Never fight instincts, you will lose .

You are not free if you own a gun . As a society it is imprisoning . Returning to the Wild West is an obviously bad idea . There is more freedom in societies that dont have guns .

The USA SC held until 2007 that the constitution was referring to militia . Was it always wrong in which case why is it right now ? The NRA was for gun control and emphasised responsible ownership . What went wrong in the American male psyche ?

Quote:
I am sure that would go over quite well in a lot of neighborhoods.
Would those neighbourhoods have lots of firearms and irresponsible/criminal owners ?

You never know when you might need a glock and an assault rifle to take on an Elementary School...some of those little buggars have all their teeth !
McGentrix

Reply Mon 16 Nov, 2015 09:35 pm
@Ionus,
*yawn*. You bore me now. Don't you have a barbi or someplace else to throw some shrimp? Get back to that as you obviously don't understand this stuff.
oralloy

Reply Mon 16 Nov, 2015 09:49 pm
@Ionus,
Ionus wrote:
Talking about phallic symbols certainly got your attention .

The phallic symbol nonsense is just name-calling. And it distracts from any Constitutional arguments that you might make.

Ionus wrote:
Returning to the Wild West is an obviously bad idea .

The Wild West was largely imaginary. However we are going to retain our freedom.

Ionus wrote:
There is more freedom in societies that dont have guns .

That is incorrect. Free people always have the right to carry guns when they go about in public.

Ionus wrote:
The USA SC held until 2007 that the constitution was referring to militia . Was it always wrong in which case why is it right now ?

There are two gun rights in the Constitution. One right is for militiamen to have machineguns, bazookas, and Stinger missiles. One right is for the general populace to carry guns suitable for self defense when they go about in public.

Ionus wrote:
What went wrong in the American male psyche ?

We're doing just fine. And we chose not to give up our freedom.
Ionus

Reply Fri 20 Nov, 2015 11:51 pm
@McGentrix,
Quote:
*yawn*. You bore me now. Don't you have a barbi or someplace else to throw some shrimp? Get back to that as you obviously don't understand this stuff.
What an accurate, factual non-opinionative reply - for a drunken yahoo with a gun, that is...
0 Replies

Ionus

Reply Fri 20 Nov, 2015 11:53 pm
@oralloy,
Why is their a long history of the USA SC interpreting the constitution in the exact opposite to what it did in 2007 ?
Ionus

Reply Fri 20 Nov, 2015 11:54 pm
@oralloy,
Quote:
The phallic symbol nonsense is just name-calling.
The psychology may be lost on you, but why do you need to own a weapon if it doesn't make you feel important ?
McGentrix

Reply Sat 21 Nov, 2015 12:22 am
@Ionus,
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/a/a8/Deer_-_Woburn_Abbey_Deer_Park_October_2009_(4020702708).jpg

http://aviewfromthemeadow.files.wordpress.com/2011/08/meat20freezer.jpg
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Wed 25 Nov, 2015 04:46 am
@Ionus,
Ionus wrote:
Why is their a long history of the USA SC interpreting the constitution in the exact opposite to what it did in 2007 ?

There isn't. Historically the Supreme Court has done its best to avoid interpreting the Second Amendment.
oralloy

Reply Wed 25 Nov, 2015 04:47 am
@Ionus,
Ionus wrote:
The psychology may be lost on you, but why do you need to own a weapon if it doesn't make you feel important ?

Who says I need to have a gun?

Remember, I'm a free American. I either CHOOSE to have guns or I CHOOSE to not have guns.

The question of me needing a gun, or not, is nonsensical. The issue does not apply to my circumstances. It's kind of like trying to figure out the square root of a negative number.
Ionus

Reply Fri 4 Dec, 2015 09:15 am
@oralloy,
Quote:
Historically the Supreme Court has done its best to avoid interpreting the Second Amendment.
Dead wrong. Go read about it and show me where it says that...
Ionus

Reply Fri 4 Dec, 2015 09:16 am
@oralloy,
Quote:
The question of me needing a gun, or not, is nonsensical.
So you dont need a gun but you want one anyway.
oralloy

Reply Fri 4 Dec, 2015 09:42 am
@Ionus,
Ionus wrote:
Dead wrong. Go read about it and show me where it says that...

I am extremely familiar with the Supreme Court's history regarding the Second Amendment. Before 2008, they addressed the issue of what it means only once, briefly, in the 1930s, and that ruling was a bit ambiguous.
oralloy

Reply Fri 4 Dec, 2015 09:44 am
@Ionus,
Ionus wrote:
So you dont need a gun but you want one anyway.

No. The question of whether I "need" a gun does not apply.

I am a free American. If I choose to carry a gun when I go about in public, I have the right to do so, and everyone is obligated to allow me to do it.

When dealing with guns in America, it is best to eliminate "need" from the lexicon.
Ionus

Reply Mon 14 Dec, 2015 10:26 pm
@oralloy,
Oh, I agree there is no need for guns. If you want a gun who is the government to deny such a basic human need as an automatic firearm? How will you play soldier if you dont have one? How will the bad guys get their weapons if not on your coat tails ?
Ionus

Reply Mon 14 Dec, 2015 10:36 pm
@oralloy,
http://bigthink.com/risk-reason-and-reality/the-supreme-court-ruling-on-the-2nd-amendment-did-not-grant-an-unlimited-right-to-own-guns
oralloy

Reply Tue 15 Dec, 2015 12:33 am
@Ionus,
Ionus wrote:
Oh, I agree there is no need for guns.

No. It's not a matter of "there being a need" or "there not being a need".

The question of need simply does not apply.

Ionus wrote:
If you want a gun who is the government to deny such a basic human need as an automatic firearm?

That word "need" throws everything out of whack in this sentence also.

The term really has no meaning when it comes American rights.

Ionus wrote:
How will you play soldier if you dont have one?

Why would I want to play soldier? I'm busy enough as it is.

Ionus wrote:
How will the bad guys get their weapons if not on your coat tails ?

The bad guys always manage to get weapons.

The article at that link has so many facts wrong that I don't know where to begin. I'll have to address it when I get a large block of free time. Maybe later tonight if I'm lucky, but I might have to wait until sometime tomorrow.