Fear from Holes

danichi

Reply Sun 21 Jun, 2015 06:00 am
Hello. I have this strange issue i just cant understand myself. I have anxiety from holes. I just cant stand them. When something is removed and there is an empty space left behind it just drives me crazy. When there is a surface with a lot of holes on it i just have that surface i dont understand why. it makes me crazy. Another example is when there is a tree which is removed and i see where the roots where and a hole is left behind i just cant control it, it makes me nervious and crazy. Another example is the fake grass , and the little squares in the ground it grows. I imagine i removed these squares and there is a hole left. This things really bother me, because i think something is not ok. I havent found Hole-phobia.. i do not know how it is called in latin or a medical term. The strange thing is i am not afraid of wells or certain type of holes - like audio plugs, plugs, pipes.. Is someone in same condition or know what that could be or is it fixible or i am just wrong in the head? thanks
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 4 • Views: 737 • Replies: 5
No top replies

cherrie

Reply Sun 21 Jun, 2015 06:20 am
@danichi,
Google trypophobia.
danichi

Reply Sun 21 Jun, 2015 06:25 am
@cherrie,
i will die. Just looking this. Is this treatable. I am dying seeing this. My stomach goes so wrong.
Ragman

Reply Sun 21 Jun, 2015 06:36 am
@danichi,
You're not crazy and you will survive this. Read the info about the condition you have here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trypophobia
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Sun 21 Jun, 2015 07:02 am
@danichi,
Get counseling. It is for these very issues that the field of psychiatry was developed. Ask your primary care physician for a referral.
0 Replies

donna downing

Reply Wed 4 Nov, 2015 11:55 pm
@danichi,
Hey danichi

You're not crazy. Phobias are fairly common and are treatable. I would suggest that you consult a psychologist and do therapy. Psychotherapy like CBT are ideal and highly recommendable, systematic desensitisation also have promising results in treating phobias. Don't worry too much, just do all necessary actions to prevent it from further aggravation.
0 Replies