what if Obamacare makes my life more difficult

Reply Sat 20 Jun, 2015 01:42 am
When the first year I came to America, it was 2012, I already knew health insurance is mandatory for an international student. I bought the insurance before the first semester begins. It was quite easy, I picked the one that reached the school requirement, and affordable, it was quite affordable. I only paid 29 dollars for each month, I bought it for 1 year. Within that year, I didn't need to worry about insurance. Nice dream always doesn't last long, after a year, I needed to extend my insurance, I tried it online to pay for one more year, 300 dollars a year is really quite affordable of an individual. However, bad news came to me that I was no longer able to extend it, and I surprisingly found out that all the insurance that fitted to me became way more expensive that before. I didn't know why. Now I am married, we are having a son, my wife is American, so now I know how hard life is here in America, but it is not anything else, it is all about insurance. I don't understand why this thing makes our life so difficult. I am a student, I gotta go to school, take full time school, do two part time jobs to support my family. My wife can't work because she has to take care of our baby at home. Right now, we get in a fucked up situation where we have no choice. I don't understand which genius makes it a law, force everyone to get insurance, I bet it should be a freedom at least because each family has different situation, and Obamacare should not just stand out and put the burden to a initially happy family. I understand how expensive it is to go to hospital without insurance, but as before Obamacare was born, insurance was affordable, and even though I do a part time job, I can afford it. but now, when I called the ******* people from the insurance company, I don't try to be mean, but they are really ******* people, because just because they hate hearing the voice of poor people, they just ******* hang me up without letting me finish telling them my situation. I was just trying to be honest, I don't make enough to be qualified for the Obamacare, which is declaimed to try to save the world I guess. And I am not a citizen to be qualify to get medicaid. I don't know what they want us to do, we just try to make a life. and why this makes our life so difficult.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 7,602 • Replies: 0
No top replies