How do I make amends?

NoSaint

Reply Fri 19 Jun, 2015 12:30 pm
I cheated on my husband and want to do something as a way of apology. Is this even possible? If you've been cheated on, what kind of gesture/gift/apology would make the pain easier?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 4 • Views: 750 • Replies: 9
No top replies

jespah

Reply Fri 19 Jun, 2015 12:56 pm
@NoSaint,
Marital counseling.
Tes yeux noirs

Reply Fri 19 Jun, 2015 12:57 pm
Why don't you buy a stock of gifts, such as socks, aftershave, humorous barbecue aprons, action-movie DVDs, maybe a remote control drone, a new phone, and stash them somewhere, then, every time you let some other guy shag you, you can bring out another gift and then everything will be all right again.
NoSaint

Reply Fri 19 Jun, 2015 01:16 pm
@Tes yeux noirs,
I appreciate the humor. My affair has ended 9 months ago and I haven't cheated since. My husband actually wants me to do something out of the ordinary as an apology, this is why I'm asking.

I guess not all people would find this approach appropriate, so if you don't, that's fine.

NoSaint

Reply Fri 19 Jun, 2015 01:17 pm
@jespah,
We have been to 1 session, he hates it and doesn't want to repeat it. Should I maybe see a counselor by myself and ask for ideas/opinions?
Tes yeux noirs

Reply Fri 19 Jun, 2015 01:40 pm
@NoSaint,
Quote:
My husband actually wants me to do something out of the ordinary as an apology, this is why I'm asking.

Sorry, I didn't realise you had discussed this with your husband. Quite honestly, this is a very strange question. If you are truly sorry and he accepts that, then no gift is needed. If he does not forgive you, then no gift in the world will put that right, unless he is a jerk. Beware letting yourself be guilt-tripped by this guy. What can we say? A phone? A car? A yacht? A cruise? A shirt and necktie set? Some nice shoes? A wristwatch? If he (or both of you) think that relationship damage can be mended by spending money, then, as you suggest, I do find this approach deeply inappropriate.

[Edit] You want my opinion? After 9 months he is shitting you. You should walk away from this dweeb.

0 Replies

Olivier5

Reply Fri 19 Jun, 2015 01:51 pm
Since he was wronged in that department, I propose some sexual attention to reassure him that you are still "interested" in him physically. E.g. a blow job every Friday night for 6 months would do.
Tes yeux noirs

Reply Fri 19 Jun, 2015 02:08 pm
@Olivier5,
Quote:
a blow job every Friday night for 6 months

It would work for me. But she'd have to swallow.

Olivier5

Reply Fri 19 Jun, 2015 03:00 pm
@Tes yeux noirs,
You're tough...
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Fri 19 Jun, 2015 03:43 pm
@NoSaint,
There's no law that says you need to have him go with you to counseling.

Maybe ask your counselor what this behavior signifies.
0 Replies