Retired NASA scientists warn poop against greentard alarmism

Tue 16 Jun, 2015 08:10 am
http://spectator.org/blog/62993/retired-nasa-scientists-warn-pope-against-global-warming-alarmism

Talking about Poop Francis here, not IzzythePOOP....

Quote:
....A group of retired NASA scientists and engineers has written a letter to Pope Francis urging him to be skeptical of global warming claims coming from Vatican advisers.

“This letter is respectfully submitted on behalf of an independent, all-volunteer team of more than 20 retired NASA Apollo Program veterans, who joined together in February 2012 to perform an objective, un-funded, independent study of scientific claims regarding significant global warming caused by human activity, known as anthropogenic global warming (AGW),” wrote Dr. Harold Doiron, a retired NASA scientist who now chairs the The Right Climate Stuff Research Team.

“We feel compelled to write you because we are deeply troubled by the statements generated by the Pontifical Academy of Social Sciences (PASS) advocating that man-made CO2 is likely to cause a climate disaster that must be immediately mitigated by adopting United Nations’ proposals to enact world-wide CO2 emissions controls,” Doiron wrote.....

Read more at http://spectator.org/blog/62993/retired-nasa-scientists-warn-pope-against-global-warming-alarmism
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 2,510 • Replies: 30
Topic Closed
No top replies

Walter Hinteler

Tue 16 Jun, 2015 12:23 pm
@gungasnake,
I hope that those 20 retired NASA Apollo Program veterans are good Catholics and thus know, what a papal encyclical means. And is.

But since the representative of the ecumenical Patriarch of Constantinople, the Metropolitan of Pergamon Zizioulas will be present as well, this can be seen as a crucial sign that the text will endorse Patriarch Bartholomew I’s words and ideas on the subject as well.
gungasnake

Tue 16 Jun, 2015 10:39 pm
https://larouchepac.com/20150616/razors-edge-case-satanic-john-schellnhuber

Quote:
FB commentary:

‪#‎Schellnhuber‬ is the British knight who thinks you shouldn't be allowed to eat meat, the world needs an environmental UN security council that can declare war on polluters, that nations shouldn't be allowed to make their own energy policies, and that the world population should be reduced to 1 billion people. This genocidalist is also the lead advisor to ‪#‎PopeFrancis‬ on the leaked ‪#‎encyclical‬.
gungasnake

Tue 16 Jun, 2015 10:40 pm
That should be #poopFrancis.....
0 Replies

Foofie

Wed 17 Jun, 2015 09:01 am
@Walter Hinteler,
Walter Hinteler wrote:

I hope that those 20 retired NASA Apollo Program veterans are good Catholics and thus know, what a papal encyclical means. And is.

So, how does one explain the incongruity of "God is love," yet the Catholic acceptance of evolution that accepts that life is just random chance (survival of the fittest), which also implies the apparent self-centeredness of DNA to just want to procreate itself, at the expense of other DNA?

And, let's not forget that God is omnipresent, so doesn't God hear a Catholic praying to a Saint for intercession? Does Jesus then tell the Saint, "I already handled it."

So, with questions like the above, why would the Pope be concerned about man's involvement with climate change? Shouldn't there be an effort to resolve theological inconsistencies first?

Walter Hinteler

Wed 17 Jun, 2015 09:58 am
@Foofie,
Foofie wrote:
So, with questions like the above, why would the Pope be concerned about man's involvement with climate change? Shouldn't there be an effort to resolve theological inconsistencies first?
I'd thought, Foofie, you'd known what a papal encyclical means. And is.
But I'm sure, you can look it up.
Lordyaswas

Wed 17 Jun, 2015 11:52 am
@gungasnake,
gungasnake wrote:

https://larouchepac.com/20150616/razors-edge-case-satanic-john-schellnhuber

Quote:
FB commentary:

‪#‎Schellnhuber‬ is the British knight........

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hans_Joachim_Schellnhuber

He is not British.
He is not a knight.

Pillock.
Tes yeux noirs

Wed 17 Jun, 2015 11:53 am
Quote:
Schellnhuber‬ is the British knight

He isn't a "British knight".
ehBeth

Wed 17 Jun, 2015 11:58 am
@Lordyaswas,
Larouche rarely gets it right.
0 Replies

Lordyaswas

Wed 17 Jun, 2015 11:58 am
If gunga had been a trout, he would have lolloped about at the surface with a little sign on his head, saying "hook me, hook me!".
0 Replies

Lordyaswas

Wed 17 Jun, 2015 12:02 pm
Regarding the biggest threat to this planet, over population, I would rather listen to this guy than all of gunga's crackpots put together......(the vid is three minutes long, but rams home a simple truth).

0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Wed 17 Jun, 2015 12:07 pm
@Tes yeux noirs,
I'd thought that everyone who had learnt to read, knew this.
gunga is still learning to copy and paste. From onobscure websites, unfortunately. But next term, he'll be promoted to the reading course, hopefully.
0 Replies

Foofie

Wed 17 Jun, 2015 07:10 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
Walter Hinteler wrote:

Foofie wrote:
I'd thought, Foofie, you'd known what a papal encyclical means. And is.
But I'm sure, you can look it up.

I thought the Pope is infallible on spiritual matters; then why would he be involved in temporal matters? Has the Catholic Church diversified what they are doing? Is this what Martin Luther alluded to about feeling the spirit in one's heart, and one can only be judged by God, not by man?

Walter Hinteler

Wed 17 Jun, 2015 10:19 pm
@Foofie,
then why would he be involved in temporal matters? I thought the Pope is infallible on spiritual matters; [/quote]That's what I think as well.

then why would he be involved in temporal matters? then why would he be involved in temporal matters? [/quote]They indicate high Papal priority for an issue at a given time. [You really could have looked up yourself. And I still think, you actually knew it.]
Walter Hinteler

Wed 17 Jun, 2015 11:00 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
Walter Hinteler wrote:
They indicate high Papal priority for an issue at a given time.

Quote:
Pope Francis has called for his encyclical on the environment to be received with an “open spirit”, saying the unprecedented ecological statement should be seen as an appeal for responsibility.
... ... ...
Source
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Thu 18 Jun, 2015 04:29 am
@Foofie,
You can read the 180-pages of the Encyclical Letter LAUDATO SI’ of the Holy Father Francis on Care for Our Common" >here< and speculate afterwards again.
Foofie

Thu 18 Jun, 2015 09:31 am
@Walter Hinteler,
Just listening to radio, I hear practicing Catholics call the radio station to comment that there are moral concerns (i.e., gay marriage, abortion) that might have a higher priority for individual Catholics, than a topic (global warming) that an individual Catholic really cannot address (other than giving up one's car, and riding public conveyances?).

Plus, the Vatican really does not have a large carbon footprint, compared to nations that are "developing." Sort of like Marie Antoinette saying, "Let the peasants eat cake, if they don't have bread." She's a fine one to talk.
Walter Hinteler

Thu 18 Jun, 2015 09:41 am
@Foofie,
The 180-pages deal only just a bit with "global warming". And some (conservative) Catholics in some parts of the USA are just one small part of Catholics in the world.

Certainly, there are other important topics for possible encylicals, but this Pope decided to make one about the environment, with the central message: what sort of world do we want to leave for future generations?
Walter Hinteler

Thu 18 Jun, 2015 09:52 am
@Walter Hinteler,
Walter Hinteler wrote:
The 180-pages deal only just a bit with "global warming".
That's points 23 to 27 - 246 are in this Encyclical Letter "LAUDATO SI’ - On Care For Our Common Home".
0 Replies

Foofie

Thu 18 Jun, 2015 09:56 am
@Walter Hinteler,
Walter Hinteler wrote:

The 180-pages deal only just a bit with "global warming". And some (conservative) Catholics in some parts of the USA are just one small part of Catholics in the world.

Certainly, there are other important topics for possible encylicals, but this Pope decided to make one about the environment, with the central message: what sort of world do we want to leave for future generations?

Was that the "Papal 'we'" you used in the last sentence above? I would think so, since not everyone is Catholic. And, since the "Papal we" is the Pope and God, I think God does what He wants with the world.