This is Why ALDI is GREAT

Reply Sat 13 Jun, 2015 10:32 am
Quote:
The first 25 stores will open in Southern California by July 2016.

The grocer currently has 1,400 stores nationwide and more than 19,000 employees in 32 states.

With these new locations, Aldi is expected to create around 1,100 jobs across its stores, regional headquarters, and warehouse.

Consumers will likely be attracted to the stores' simple design and affordability. Aldi is even cheaper than Wal-Mart, according to Cheapism.

The company is also known for its efficiency.

It takes special care in organizing its stores so consumers can have the easiest shopping experience possible

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/german-grocery-store-cheaper-wal-161604845.html

Everybody else is out to make it is difficult as possible to find things, or puts the most popular things in the least convenient locations, in the attempt to get us to by more. They work to make our shopping experience more stressful and difficult. I for instance HATE that some items in COSTCO can be found in one of six different places depending upon the day.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 4 • Views: 2,676 • Replies: 6
No top replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Sat 13 Jun, 2015 10:40 am
@hawkeye10,
hawkeye10 wrote:
Everybody else is out to make it is difficult as possible to find things, or puts the most popular things in the least convenient locations, in the attempt to get us to by more.
Perhaps according to your experience. It's the same in any other supermarket
The so-called "Aldi-Prinzip" (Aldi principle) is little choice, little service, little equipment .... and especially: cheap.

'Lidl', btw, starts in the USA now as well.
ehBeth

Reply Sat 13 Jun, 2015 10:53 am
I liked Aldi when we had them in Canada.
I hope they come back and give it another try.
0 Replies

Tes yeux noirs

Reply Sat 13 Jun, 2015 11:03 am
@Walter Hinteler,
Quote:
'Lidl', btw, starts in the USA now as well.

Lidl and Aldi have been very successful in Britain recently.
0 Replies

Slugfoot

Reply Sat 13 Jun, 2015 12:24 pm
I pick up (I'm a taxi driver) from our local Aldi regularly. People often praise the quality of the fruit and veg there but puzzle over why there are crash helmets being sold next to the marrows and bicycle repair kits on shelves next to the tinned sweetcorn, etc.
Walter Hinteler

Reply Sat 13 Jun, 2015 12:36 pm
@Slugfoot,
That's how it's been done here since 50 years: the special offers of not regular items (on Mondays and Thursdays) are all together (somewhere) in the middle of the shop.
Walter Hinteler

Reply Sat 13 Jun, 2015 12:58 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
In my wife's native region, people can shop at both Aldi-chains (South and North), because it's just the border.
We here think, Aldi-South to be better, while people in the southern regions would like to shop at Aldi-North. (USA is Aldi-South as is the UK)

Aldi split in 1961 .... because the two brothers were at odds, if cigarettes and tobacco should be sold or not. (Aldi's cigarettes are manufactured by Austria Tobacco, a division of JTI - Japan Tobacco International .)
0 Replies