Last seen messages update?

T1000

Reply Fri 12 Jun, 2015 03:06 am
On my phone when someone has read a message I've sent a small round pic of them appears by the message.
On my web browser when I go into messages and select a message it says 'Seen Tues 9.52 am' or something similar.
I've noticed when I went to contact my ex girlfriend the time and day seems to update. Last Wednesday I went to check if she got my message and it said 'Seen Tues 12.59pm', last night I went to message her and it said 'Seen 11.54 pm', out of curiosity I didn't message her and checked it this morning and it says 'Seen Weds 11.54'.
Looking at all my other messages none of them seem to update the date, why does hers?
Does it update just because the viewed them again?

I've looked on the internet for the answer but can't find anything, does anyone know.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 439 • Replies: 7
No top replies

jespah

Reply Fri 12 Jun, 2015 05:37 am
@T1000,
It's either a second look or you need to sync your devices.
T1000

Reply Fri 12 Jun, 2015 06:21 am
@jespah,
The date/time has changed 3 times on the same device. I guess it's a second look, never knew that happened.
jespah

Reply Fri 12 Jun, 2015 06:37 am
@T1000,
She might be affecting it with syncing, too.

You can always ask her. Or, if you don't want to talk to her, ask a neutral party, some friend of yours. Tell them you want to experiment a little with FB messaging.
T1000

Reply Sat 13 Jun, 2015 05:15 am
@jespah,
I know she only uses her phone. Out of all my messages with lots of people only hers updates.

I remembered I have two accounts for Facebook (long story) and had a play myself.

Even when the message is viewed many times or if things are typed and then deleted and using more than one device the 'seen' doesn't update.
The only way I've got it to update is to mark it as unread and then read it again.

It begs the questions why she would be doing that, I'm gonna keep playing with it, it's got me very curious.
jespah

Reply Sat 13 Jun, 2015 05:29 am
@T1000,
Like I said, ask a friend to test this with you, if it matters that much to you.
T1000

Reply Sat 13 Jun, 2015 06:15 am
@jespah,
What do you think that would add to this if I can already test it between two accounts?
jespah

Reply Sat 13 Jun, 2015 10:10 am
@T1000,
With her, you're just conjecturing. Or you may be engaging in some wishful thinking. With a friend who tells you exactly what he or she is doing, you will eliminate most of the unknowns.
0 Replies