How to talk to Hubby without defensiveness

Reply Thu 11 Jun, 2015 07:50 am
Can someone please offer me communication tips or do's and don'ts about how to best communicate with my hubby.

In the past when we have needed to sit and talk about things, he listens to me but he never says anything - it's just a one way conversation - and this doesn't ever make me feel that we have ironed out the problem.

I ask him what he thinks? He says nothing. I wait, he looks like he may be formulating words, I wait - after about 20 minutes of this, supposed deep thought of his, I ask again and he says "what do you want me to say?"

... So, needless to say, I need help with communicating with my hubby.

CoastalRat

Reply Thu 11 Jun, 2015 11:00 am
@flowers2015,
Sounds more like he needs help in communicating with you. Have you ever considered looking for a marriage workshop/seminar near you and suggesting that he attend with you? Are the two of you members/attendees of a local church? If so, maybe the pastor or another staff member would be available to sit down with you and/or your husband and talk to you about some of the issues you seem to be having (based on your numerous posts.)
0 Replies