Violations of Civil Rights that weren't fought for? What events in American history would be conside

Reply Sat 6 Jun, 2015 07:23 am
OK, this is for a history final and i need help thinking events in history when the Civil Rights of the people were violated and were not fought for. Think of the civil rights we have today. We didn't always have them. Because of that, people's rights were violated a lot in the past. We have the obvious examples, like slavery or restriction of voting rights for women. What I'm asking is if there are any violations of human/civil rights that were overlooked or not really talked about. I'm looking specifically for cases where people COULD'VE fought for their rights, but they didn't.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 1 • Views: 983 • Replies: 2
No top replies

Ragman

Reply Sat 6 Jun, 2015 07:58 am
@crislecortecel,
But that's your homework. What do I get for doing your homework?

Didn't they give you a text book? Have you ever used Google?
0 Replies

Ionus

Reply Sat 6 Jun, 2015 09:10 am
@crislecortecel,
Look for instances where the society repressed people rather than a group or sub-class . For example, in Russia, the right of travel was taken away from the peasants, who would move to another location if the noble was harsh, but it was done in two stages : first they were allowed to only travel at the peak of winter ; second they were not allowed to travel at all . You can research this by looking in the Czar period .
0 Replies