beautiful but (possibly) tricky woman. What to do?

Vernon of Prague

Reply Sun 7 Jun, 2015 06:36 pm
@Vernon of Prague,
actually not quite. There are only three people that are complete @ssholes. Rest of the crew is all right, some of them even great people. But those three make work almost unbearable. I think I'm gonna talk to managers...
CalamityJane

Reply Sun 7 Jun, 2015 06:43 pm
@Vernon of Prague,
You will encounter difficult people no matter where you work. Really, the best thing is to learn how to work around them and if possible, bypass them altogether and just focus on your own job. Chances are you'll be noticed and rewarded in the long run.

Dito with your roommates. You're thinking that it has to work like on TV.
"Friends" was a nice show, but that's about it - reality looks quite different. If you feel that your roommates are too aloof, then you can take the initiative and get some food together and invite them all to the kitchen table.

You can be a leader in life or a follower - either you take things into your own hands and make it work, or you don't do anything and complain. Not that you're not allowed to complain - stick around here and you'll see plenty of that - but if you want to change things, you have to do it. So go out and do it!!
Vernon of Prague

Reply Sun 7 Jun, 2015 07:26 pm
@CalamityJane,
this is the problem:

a) these 3 jerks are my closest (!) colleagues - another hostess and waiters of tables I seat people to. I cannot work without them. Therefore they will learn to behave like people or somebody will leave. I have the skill. I am not affraid to leave.

b) I did PLENTY of stuff for them - organized parties, brought them food (a lot of food), made tea talks, entertained them... all sorts of stuff to get group together. Both of them now care only of their friends in facebook and skype and the only 2 person I really valued moved away. Both were about 30. These 2 who stayed here are just kids, teenagers. You know how much compassion and understanding such person have... The first one is OK but addicted to PC games and all the virtual world and don't care of things around him too much. The second one, Russian immigrant is selfish dork. I stopped to like him at all. He got robbed, no money, no job, I supported him with food, helped him find a job,f@cking raided all offices to help him to get working visa because he could not even ask in proper Czech for it and all the documents as well, cheered him up when he felt down... Now He does not devote to me minute of his life anymore and lastly when I asked him for 2 spoons of coffee he told me to get from the other guy...
0 Replies

Vernon of Prague

Reply Mon 8 Jun, 2015 07:00 pm
at first I looked at that second Russian like a friend... but suddenly I have such odd feeling and I think of her. Well, she is pretty, that is for sure. Though looks a bit quite Slavic ( I prefer French type Smile ) but still. But mostly, she seems so OK!. Always smiling, always the same cute face. Hmm...

She did not say anything about boyfriend or something. I am not sure of anything but one thing for sure: I will do what I feel it will be best.

VoP
0 Replies

Vernon of Prague

Reply Wed 10 Jun, 2015 10:20 am
@Vernon of Prague,
well, it seems that Russian girl is not into me after all. Which is OK as I look at her mostly as a friend and second, I am used to it... I just wanted to be friend. If she's not interested... her choice.

From what I have heard about that first, crazy Russian, circumstances around her leave from company were more then suspicious so I guess I am not gonna provoke devil and try to contact her.

so back to normal. Back to zero Smile
0 Replies

Vernon of Prague

Reply Fri 12 Jun, 2015 05:27 pm
@Vernon of Prague,
hmm... so there is new gal in that restaurant. She is not "that" beautiful, just pretty but incredibly cute. I must say she really got into my mind. I must have thing for cute little gals. She's probably 17 (in EU legal age is 15 mostly). And - she is NOT Russian Smile

Too bad I had today mood down because of that weird Russians...
0 Replies

Vernon of Prague

Reply Tue 16 Jun, 2015 02:33 am
@Vernon of Prague,
soo... I am huge admirer of dating and relationship, indeed.

After that Russian girl ignored me on FB I decided to return the favour and do the same in real life. She did not look happy about it and let's say after a day I talked to her again and she gladly accepted my presence. Next day I brought colleagues dome juices and made some cocktails to cheer them up. I saw on that Russian that she appreciated my little gifts and somewhat felt that she desire feeling special. So I gave her the feel and prepared her some extra evening refreshment for 2 of us. Her face got red. Probably not because of anger.... Here I mention she she apparently shows signs of lowered esteem and probably loneliness and on Facebook she market herself as "forever alone" (for older people - this slang is used for people who are lonely and lost hope on finding partner).

now she is ignoring me (on FB) again.

My interpretation: Yes, I was right. You know, when you show compassion to a friend it can be only win win situation, right? But showing compassion to a girl when trying to get closer to her is like telling "Hey, I am looser. Please like me!". No matter WHAT that girl is or in what position she is. Let us count: Lonely. Fired from university. twice. Works as table polisher. No significant life goals or progress, currently. Great background indeed... Now show such person compassion, attention and suddenly she is too good for you. Treat her like **** and she'll like you. Just as previous girl loved me. Because of that.

For me as a tactician: liking girl for her personality, not her looks has one awesome advantage: while look does not change, your perception of her person changes a lot according to her behaviour. In other words, throwing an instant sh@t at her as a direct response to her actions is incredibly easy, at emotional attachment disappears in a flash. Too bad girl, too bad. Good luck next time with some more manipulative Mr Perfect...

I loose nothing - I will still have friends there and will like my job. She looses guy who cares of her and makes her feel good. Not a good move girl, not a good move...
0 Replies

Vernon of Prague

Reply Thu 18 Jun, 2015 03:43 pm
@Vernon of Prague,
to end this topic, I asked the girl out but eventually she refused... First we had a very pleasant conversation, everything went well, her face was red and nervous, I liked it... Next day I return to work to see out of sudden she avoids me. I could see her colleagues encouraged her not to talk to me. I don't know their reason but I know one thing - they are horrible people. I have been insulted so many times there, basically on daily basis. They don't like I am not good with carrying plates, but they don't like I am good with customer neither. They think when I take care of customers I am doing that to pick up babes and I care only for female visitors... They recommended me "not to pester customers because it's a job skilled waiter, not stupid hostess "(which is me Smile ) and treated me like rubbish. They know I am consultant and this is just my side job to pay a bills while I am searching for another job, but they think I am completely stupid because I can't carry plates as they do... What more can I say...

I am happy for 2 reasons:

a) I know I didi everything right and it worked. We are not together, but I know it is not my fault so I feel encouraged and happy to find some better girl later...
b) She is just like them and for that reason I don't want to have anything with her.
Lordyaswas

Reply Thu 18 Jun, 2015 03:50 pm
@Vernon of Prague,
Seems like they've sussed you out, Vern.

0 Replies

Krumple

Reply Thu 18 Jun, 2015 05:13 pm
@Vernon of Prague,
Vernon of Prague wrote:
Now the problem is my hearth tells me not to trust her much.

You have a magical hearth? Is it like the mirror in the snow white story but instead your hearth consults you about possible women in your life? Interesting.
Vernon of Prague

Reply Fri 19 Jun, 2015 04:55 am
@Krumple,
Quote:
You have a magical hearth? Is it like the mirror in the snow white story but instead your hearth consults you about possible women in your life? Interesting.

Yes I do have. And I am not even being ironic. It's very simple: my heart notifies me about important issues far before my conscious observance can do so. It calls instinct.
0 Replies