McCain Dares Putin to Tear Down Berlin Wall

Reply Tue 2 Jun, 2015 03:10 pm
http://www.newyorker.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/mccain-pravda-580.jpeg
WASHINGTON (The Borowitz Report)—In a sharply critical op-ed piece for the Russian Web site Pravda, Sen. John McCain (R-Arizona) called Russian President Vladimir Putin “a brutal, freedom-hating tyrant” and challenged Mr. Putin to tear down the Berlin Wall.

“The Wall stands as a symbol of your failed, repressive system,” Sen. McCain said. “Until you tear it down, the world will see you and your Soviet goons for what you are: relics destined for the dustbin of history.”

“Mr. Putin, tear down that wall,” Sen. McCain’s editorial pointedly concluded.

Rest of article
http://www.newyorker.com/humor/borowitz-report/mccain-dares-putin-to-tear-down-berlin-wall
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 6 • Views: 7,055 • Replies: 11
No top replies

glitterbag

Reply Tue 2 Jun, 2015 03:21 pm
@edgarblythe,
This gave me a chuckle, but are you sure this isn't really the Onion?

Back when he was running against Obama, there was a news article about McCain sending his wife to Georgia, it came up while talking to some old work pals and one of the men said, Oh good, her plane is probably touching down in Atlanta as we speak.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 2 Jun, 2015 04:12 pm
No, Borowitz is not with the Onion. I follow him daily, elsewhere.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 2 Jun, 2015 05:17 pm
@edgarblythe,
Ah. I didn't open this right away, thinking "what next!!!"

Borowitz, I should have guessed. Very Happy
Haven't read this week's NYer yet.
0 Replies

Ionus

Reply Thu 4 Jun, 2015 09:35 am
To come under the heading of satire it would have been better to have humuor in it somewhere .
RABEL222

Reply Thu 4 Jun, 2015 06:01 pm
Do you think the old man is going the way of Ronny Raygun?
glitterbag

Reply Thu 4 Jun, 2015 10:32 pm
@RABEL222,
Well, I hope I'm not the first to tell you, but Ronnie left for his final reward. I guess we all will at sometime, but I'm sure John isn't planning a trip anytime soon.
Frank Apisa

Reply Fri 5 Jun, 2015 02:47 am
@Ionus,
I think the fact that you (and probably others) don't think it is funny...is humorous!

Doesn't that make it satire?
Ionus

Reply Fri 5 Jun, 2015 03:59 am
@Frank Apisa,
No, it is just too way out for my humuor . Couldnt they have chosen something more believable ? To be funny that requires way too much hatred and it shows as requiring you to be snickering and sneering .
farmerman

Reply Fri 5 Jun, 2015 05:24 am
@Ionus,
This Just In:

Quote:
CRAWFORD, TEXAS (The Borowitz Report)—Just hours after the United States Senate voted to reverse key provisions of the Patriot Act, former President George W. Bush said that he regretted that the law had been partially repealed before he ever got a chance to read it.

“At the time when it was being passed and whatnot, people around the White House were saying it was a really good law,” Bush said at his ranch in Crawford, Texas. “I remember saying to myself, ‘I really need to read that.’ ”

Bush said that right after he signed the Patriot Act into law, “I wrote on a little Post-It note, ‘READ PATRIOT ACT.’ So it was definitely something I was meaning to do. But I guess it was one of those things I never did get around to.”

Now that the law has been partially reversed, Bush said, “I suppose it’s a little late in the game to start reading it,” but he indicated that he still “might check it out just to see what all the fuss was about.”

“I think they have it down at my Presidential library, so maybe one of these days I’ll set aside some time and read it,” he said, before adding, “Ha ha, who am I kidding? That’s not gonna happen.”

Get news satire from The Borowtiz Report delivered to your inbox.

Ionus

Reply Fri 5 Jun, 2015 07:19 am
@farmerman,
Now THAT's funny .
0 Replies

RABEL222

Reply Sat 6 Jun, 2015 02:10 pm
@glitterbag,
Not to worry. When I die I will come back to a2k and tell all of you if there really is a hell.
0 Replies