The Military-Entertainment Complex

Reply Sun 31 May, 2015 10:12 am
The idea that pop culture can influence our political attitudes is fairly well-known. But can it generate popular support for military action?

I think it can. We probably should take this issue seriously because a decision to take military action requires widespread popular support. There have been studies published on actual interactions between the military and the entertainment industry.
http://one.fibreculturejournal.org/fcj-004-the-military-entertainment-complex-a-new-facet-of-information-warfare
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 3 • Views: 2,118 • Replies: 5
No top replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 31 May, 2015 10:34 am
The propaganda assaults us on all fronts and it has had a definite effect on the politics and war.
wandeljw

Reply Sun 31 May, 2015 11:48 am
@edgarblythe,
For every anti-war movie, there are least ten movies that glorify war.
edgarblythe

Reply Sun 31 May, 2015 11:54 am
I saw bits of a Chuck Norris epic a few weeks ago. In it, as they are moving out to rescue somebody in either Vietnam or Cambodia, after the war is long over, Chuck says, This time nobody can say we are doing the wrong thing. Like he resents the people who called the war the wrong thing, the first time.
Ionus

Reply Sun 31 May, 2015 09:26 pm
@edgarblythe,
Quote:
Like he resents the people who called the war the wrong thing, the first time.
And so he should...the anti-Vietnam war protestors were scum . High minded self opinionated ratbags with power trip issues .
0 Replies

Ionus

Reply Sun 31 May, 2015 09:27 pm
@wandeljw,
Been to war then, have you ?
0 Replies