Sin Acts Contrary To God

Reply Wed 27 May, 2015 06:03 pm
SIN-Any Act oR Belief Contrary To Gods Word
Rom 6:12
12 Therefore do not let sin reign in your mortal body, that you should obey it in its lusts.
Eph 2:2-3
2 in which you once walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit who now works in the sons of disobedience,
3 among whom also we all once conducted ourselves in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind, and were by nature children of wrath, just as the others.
James 1:13-15
13 Let no one say when he is tempted, "I am tempted by God"; for God cannot be tempted by evil, nor does He Himself tempt anyone.
14 But each one is tempted when he is drawn away by his own desires and enticed.
15 Then, when desire has conceived, it gives birth to sin; and sin, when it is full-grown, brings forth death.
Rom 7:5
5 For when we were in the flesh, the sinful passions which were aroused by the law were at work in our members to bear fruit to death.
Rom 7:8
8 But sin, taking opportunity by the commandment, produced in me all manner of evil desire. For apart from the law sin was dead.
Rom 7:17-18
17 But now, it is no longer I who do it, but sin that dwells in me.
18 For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh) nothing good dwells; for to will is present with me, but how to perform what is good I do not find.
1 Cor 10:12-14
12 Therefore let him who thinks he stands take heed lest he fall.
13 No temptation has overtaken you except such as is common to man; but God is faithful, who will not allow you to be tempted beyond what you are able, but with the temptation will also make the way of escape, that you may be able to bear it.
14 Therefore, my beloved, flee from idolatry.
Heb 12:1-2
1 Therefore we also, since we are surrounded by so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which so easily ensnares us, and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us,
2 looking unto Jesus, the author and finisher of our faith, who for the joy that was set before Him endured the cross, despising the shame, and has sat down at the right hand of the throne of God.
Col 3:1-2
1 If then you were raised with Christ, seek those things which are above, where Christ is, sitting at the right hand of God.
2 Set your mind on things above, not on things on the earth.
Heb 11:6
6 But without faith it is impossible to please Him, for he who comes to God must believe that He is, and that He is a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him.
Rom 14:23
23 But he who doubts is condemned if he eats, because he does not eat from faith; for whatever is not from faith is sin.
Rom 10:8
8 But what does it say? "The word is near you, in your mouth and in your heart" (that is, the word of faith which we preach):
John 16:8-9
8 "And when He has come, He will convict the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment:
9 "of sin, because they do not believe in Me;
1 Cor 15:56
56 The sting of death is sin, and the strength of sin is the law.
James 4:17
17 Therefore, to him who knows to do good and does not do it, to him it is sin.
Heb 10:26-29
26 For if we sin willfully after we have received the knowledge of the truth, there no longer remains a sacrifice for sins,
27 but a certain fearful expectation of judgment, and fiery indignation which will devour the adversaries.
28 Anyone who has rejected Moses' law dies without mercy on the testimony of two or three witnesses.
29 Of how much worse punishment, do you suppose, will he be thought worthy who has trampled the Son of God underfoot, counted the blood of the covenant by which he was sanctified a common thing, and insulted the Spirit of grace?
Rom 8:1-4
1 There is therefore now no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus, who do not walk according to the flesh, but according to the Spirit.
2 For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus has made me free from the law of sin and death.
3 For what the law could not do in that it was weak through the flesh, God did by sending His own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, on account of sin: He condemned sin in the flesh,
4 that the righteous requirement of the law might be fulfilled in us who do not walk according to the flesh but according to the Spirit.
Rom 13:8
8 Owe no one anything except to love one another, for he who loves another has fulfilled the law.
Gal 5:14
14 For all the law is fulfilled in one word, even in this: "You shall love your neighbor as yourself."
Gal 5:24
24 And those who are Christ's have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires.
Mark 7:20-23
20 And He said, "What comes out of a man, that defiles a man.
21 "For from within, out of the heart of men, proceed evil thoughts, adulteries, fornications, murders,
22 "thefts, covetousness, wickedness, deceit, lewdness, an evil eye, blasphemy, pride, foolishness.
23 "All these evil things come from within and defile a man."
(NKJ)

xxx Sin is refered to as transgression of the law. Everything that comes out of Gods mouth is law. Whether it be the old testament law of sin and death. Or it be the new testament law of Christ. Some say sin is being outside the grace of God. We can do the right thing for the wrong reason and that is sin. We can do the wrong thing for the right reason and that is sin. But no matter how you personally want to define it. It is what will send us to hell. There are three types of sin. The kind that you dont have to repent of because if your walking in love, love will cover a multitude of sins. You need to find out what love is first.Then you have the sins that you must repent of or your not forgiven. And the third type, the unforgiveable sin blasphemy against the Holy Spirit. If you dont know what love is you cant walk in love. So every sin you do must be repented of. If you dont know who the Holy Spirit is you cant walk after the Spirit. Sin is not being in Gods will.

Anything not done in the Word of faith is sin.

James 4:17
17 Therefore, to him who knows to do good and does not do it, to him it is sin.
(NKJ)

Rom 14:23
23 But he who doubts is condemned if he eats, because he does not eat from faith; for whatever is not from faith is sin.
(NKJ)

I Jn 1:4-10
4 And these things we write to you that your joy may be full.
5 This is the message which we have heard from Him and declare to you, that God is light and in Him is no darkness at all.
6 If we say that we have fellowship with Him, and walk in darkness, we lie and do not practice the truth.
7 But if we walk in the light as He is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus Christ His Son cleanses us from all sin.
8 If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.
9 If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
10 If we say that we have not sinned, we make Him a liar, and His word is not in us.
(NKJ)

2 Pet 3:9
9 The Lord is not slack concerning His promise, as some count slackness, but is longsuffering toward us, not willing that any should perish but that all should come to repentance.
(NKJ)
Adultery,
fornication,
Homosexuality,
uncleanness,
lasciviousness,
Idolatry,
witchcraft,
hatred,
variance,
emulations,
wrath,
strife,
seditions,
heresies,
Envyings,
murders,
drunkenness,
revellings,
effeminate,
abusers of themselves with mankind,
thieves,
covetous,
revilers,
extortioners
maliciousness
full of envy
bitter conflict
deceit,
malignity;
whisperers,
Backbiters,
despiteful,
proud,
boasters,
inventors of evil things,
disobedient to parents,
Without understanding,
covenantbreakers,
without natural affection,
implacable,
unmerciful

• Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 2,742 • Replies: 52
No top replies

Squeakybro

Reply Wed 27 May, 2015 06:05 pm
Three Types Of Sin

The ones you dont have to repent of.

1 Pet 4:8
8 And above all things have fervent love for one another, for "love will cover a multitude of sins."
(NKJ)

The ones you must repent of.

9 The Lord is not slack concerning His promise, as some count slackness, but is longsuffering toward us, not willing that any should perish but that all should come to repentance.
(NKJ)

And the unforgiveable sin. That it doesnt do any good to repent of.
Matt 12:31-32
31 "Therefore I say to you, every sin and blasphemy will be forgiven men, but the blasphemy against the Spirit will not be forgiven men.
32 "Anyone who speaks a word against the Son of Man, it will be forgiven him; but whoever speaks against the Holy Spirit, it will not be forgiven him, either in this age or in the age to come.
(NKJ)
neologist

Reply Thu 28 May, 2015 03:40 pm
@Squeakybro,
Squeakybro wrote:
Three Types Of Sin

The ones you dont have to repent of.

8 And above all things have fervent love for one another, for "love will cover a multitude of sins."
(NKJ)
So, when Jesus asked God to forgive those who had him exceuted, was there nothing more for them to do? Consider those who stoned Stephen. Did they not also need to repent and turn from their course? (Think about Paul here)
You wrote:
The ones you must repent of.

(NKJ)
That would be all sin, actually.
You wrote:
31 "Therefore I say to you, every sin and blasphemy will be forgiven men, but the blasphemy against the Spirit will not be forgiven men.
32 "Anyone who speaks a word against the Son of Man, it will be forgiven him; but whoever speaks against the Holy Spirit, it will not be forgiven him, either in this age or in the age to come.
(NKJ)
And what of Paul's admonition regarding the willful practice of sin at Hebrews 10:26? Is that not how one speaks against the holy spirit - by denying God's authority?

It's like when Smiley corrects you about your insistence that the holy spirit is a person and you continue to perpetrate the lie. Would that not be blasphemy against the spirit? Claiming to have a personal relation?

Squeakybro

Reply Thu 28 May, 2015 05:20 pm
@neologist,
That is an oxymoron.
neologist

Reply Fri 29 May, 2015 12:05 pm
@Squeakybro,
Squeakybro wrote:
That is an oxymoron.

I challenge you to explain that.
Squeakybro

Reply Fri 29 May, 2015 01:29 pm
@neologist,
Your reply to number one was answered in number two. Your reply in number two was blasphemy against number one. And number three is away off by itself. No that is not blasphemy against the Holy Spirit. There are five steps that one must achieve to be able to blaspheme the Holy Spirit.

The ones you dont have to repent of. Number One

(NKJ)
Your reply
So, when Jesus asked God to forgive those who had him exceuted, was there nothing more for them to do? Consider those who stoned Stephen. Did they not also need to repent and turn from their course? (Think about Paul here)

You wrote:
The ones you must repent of. Number TWo

(NKJ)
Your reply
That would be all sin, actually

Number Three
(NKJ)

And what of Paul's admonition regarding the willful practice of sin at Hebrews 10:26? Is that not how one speaks against the holy spirit - by denying God's authority?

It's like when Smiley corrects you about your insistence that the holy spirit is a person and you continue to perpetrate the lie. Would that not be blasphemy against the spirit? Claiming to have a personal relation?
neologist

Reply Fri 29 May, 2015 02:44 pm
@Squeakybro,
Squeakybro wrote:
Your reply to number one was answered in number two. Your reply in number two was blasphemy against number one. And number three is away off by itself. No that is not blasphemy against the Holy Spirit.
First of all, you have not fit the definition of oxymoron. Second, your statement is nearly inintelligible.
You wrote:
There are five steps that one must achieve to be able to blaspheme the Holy Spirit.
This is where you are so tragically wrong. Knowing, deliberate practice of sin is an insult (blasphemy) to the holy spirit. It cannot be forgiven so long as it is in effect. Yet, even those guilty of such sin may turn around. The bible is full of examples if you wish to challenge.

And your deliberate refusal to bracket quotes is becoming less rude, more insult.
Squeakybro

Reply Fri 29 May, 2015 03:55 pm
@neologist,
You really are struggling to find fault aren't you. Sorry but grammar doesn't count as fault.
And you don't seem to have a clue of what Blasphemy against the Holy Spirit is.

BLASPHEMY OF HOLY SPIRIT (5 STEPS)
Matt 12:30-32
30 "He who is not with Me is against Me, and he who does not gather with Me scatters abroad.
Heb 6:4-6
4 For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted the heavenly gift, and have become partakers of the Holy Spirit,
5 and have tasted the good word of God and the powers of the age to come,
6 if they fall away, to renew them again to repentance, since they crucify again for themselves the Son of God, and put Him to an open shame.
I Jn 5:16
16 If anyone sees his brother sinning a sin which does not lead to death, he will ask, and He will give him life for those who commit sin not leading to death. There is sin leading to death. I do not say that he should pray about that.
2 Pet 2:21
21 For it would have been better for them not to have known the way of righteousness, than having known it, to turn from the holy commandment delivered to them.
1Thes 5:19
19 Do not quench the Spirit.
Luke 12:10
10 "And anyone who speaks a word against the Son of Man, it will be forgiven him; but to him who blasphemes against the Holy Spirit, it will not be forgiven.
Matt 26:24
24 "The Son of Man indeed goes just as it is written of Him, but woe to that man by whom the Son of Man is betrayed! It would have been good for that man if he had not been born."
Matt 21:19
19 And seeing a fig tree by the road, He came to it and found nothing on it but leaves, and said to it, "Let no fruit grow on you ever again." And immediately the fig tree withered away.
(NKJ)

There are 5 steps in blasphemy of the Holy Spirit. Heb 6-4 defines blasphemy of the Holy Spirit. Only preachers that have gone through these 5 steps can blaspheme the Holy Spirit. Until one gets through all 5 steps they will be back sliding. But if one gets through all 5 steps and then turns away. They will never be called back. This can so easily be missused, is the reason I didnt want to post it on a board. The milk understanding is 3 to 4 years long. The meat understanding is 11 years long. At the end of the 14 years one should come to revelations from Jesus. To rewrite his conscience. The conscience being your book of beliefs in your mind. But it takes the whole 14 years to crucify the flesh. I have been receiving these revelations now for 10 years. And if you will look in Gal 1-9 through Gal 2-2 you will see where Paul is exsplaining how long it takes to start receiving revelations of Christ.

Heb 10:26
26 For if we sin willfully after we have received the knowledge of the truth, there no longer remains a sacrifice for sins,
(NKJ)

2 Pet 3:5-6
5 For this they willfully forget: that by the word of God the heavens were of old, and the earth standing out of water and in the water,
6 by which the world that then existed perished, being flooded with water.
(NKJ)
neologist

Reply Sat 30 May, 2015 12:14 am
@Squeakybro,
There is little difference between Paul's words in ch 6:4-6 and those of ch 10:26.

You have yet to provide citations for such assertions as
5 steps.
3-4 years
11 years
Back sliding
Are these private revelations you received from the 'spirit'?

But I am intrigued by your connection between preachers and the unforgiveable sin. They are aptly described at Zechariah 13:4-5. Good reading if your fingers don't burn when you turn through the dreaded "OT"

They do bear a greater guilt - Matthew ch 23.

Of course, they could still repent as did many Jewish priests who became Christians.

Squeakybro

Reply Sat 30 May, 2015 03:59 am
@neologist,
Heb 6:4-6
4 For it is impossible for those who were once(one) enlightened, and have (two)tasted the heavenly gift, and have become(three) partakers of the Holy Spirit,
5 and have(four) tasted the good word of God and the(five) powers of the age to come,
6 if they fall away, to renew them again to repentance, since they crucify again for themselves the Son of God, and put Him to an open shame.
neologist

Reply Sat 30 May, 2015 09:21 am
@Squeakybro,
OK, 5 if you say as much.
Where does it say they may not renew themselves?

Early Christians removed such ones from their congregations. But Paul urged the Corinthians to receive repentant ones back with kindness. (2Corinthians 2:5-8)
Squeakybro

Reply Sat 30 May, 2015 10:21 am
@neologist,
its right there in front of you.
4 For it is impossible

Heb 6:6
(NKJ)

neologist

Reply Sat 30 May, 2015 11:55 am
@Squeakybro,
We cannot renew them.
Paul is speaking of ones no longer in the congregation, having either been removed or having disassociated themselves. As unrepentant sinners, there is no longer anything we can do to bring them about. These are the ones Paul referred to at 1 Corinthians 5:11-13. And the same situation (actually, a specific brother) is the subject of Paul's exhortation at 2 Corinthians 2:8

God's forgiveness us unlimited when it comes to those who repent. Consider the sins of Manassah - or, of Paul - or, of the whole nation of Israel as recorded in Isaiah 1:8. We sin because we are not perfect. If we repent, Jesus' sacrifice is sufficient for us all.

I said earlier that I am glad you are not God and you agreed. What I should have said is I'm glad the god you describe is not God. That is, since I am one formerly removed from the congregation, then restored.

Your god would extend no hope for me and others I know of. Providentially, there is still hope for you.
Squeakybro

Reply Sat 30 May, 2015 03:06 pm
@neologist,
You just seem to make this stuff up as you go. And you have no other way of saying it than carnal. That's because it isn't spiritual.
neologist

Reply Sat 30 May, 2015 03:14 pm
@Squeakybro,
Well, I do not have a 'spirit' such as you. But I do have the truth - John 4:24
Squeakybro

Reply Sat 30 May, 2015 04:11 pm
@neologist,
Well you say you do. And yet you argue with the Word that I share with you. And yet Jesus said the Word is the truth.

John 17:17
17 "Sanctify them by Your truth. Your word is truth.
(NKJ)

I have the only guarantee in the whole bible. And yet you keep trying to prove me wrong. Why?

2 Cor 5:5
5 Now He who has prepared us for this very thing is God, who also has given us the Spirit as a guarantee.
(NKJ)

neologist

Reply Sat 30 May, 2015 04:33 pm
@Squeakybro,
Squeakybro wrote:
I have the only guarantee in the whole bible. And yet you keep trying to prove me wrong. Why?
It is not because of all the things you said, but a few things, as:
Holy spirit a person
Immortal soul
Only a heavenly hope
Equating the "Old Testament" with the entire Hebrew scriptures.
14 years milk/meat, when the disciples were ready to go at Pentecost, (using only the Hebrew texts)
For starters
Then, there are a few things you left out, as
God's purpose to have the earth inhabited.
Well, that's a big one in itself.

I'll leave it there for now.
Squeakybro

Reply Sat 30 May, 2015 06:07 pm
@neologist,
And yet I have posted revelations on all of that. And you reject the revelations. They are the verses word for word straight out of the bible. Do you believe the Word of God or not.
0 Replies

Squeakybro

Reply Sat 30 May, 2015 06:30 pm
@neologist,
Why don't you go read the revelations and if you can find fault with one of them come and tell me. Wouldn't that save a lot of arguing.
neologist

Reply Sat 30 May, 2015 07:38 pm
@Squeakybro,
You know, I'd like to accomodate you; but I don't know exactly where I should look. Could you help by taking one or two points and pairing them with the most relevant citations?

For, as I recall, you mis applied much.

How about disproving that the meek shall inherit the earth?