• Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 13 • Views: 7,192 • Replies: 74
No top replies

hawkeye10

Reply Mon 25 May, 2015 02:02 pm
@JoeBruno,
The American Psychiatric Association is more a political organization than a science organization. Their pronouncements must always be viewed within this context.
0 Replies

Ionus

Reply Tue 26 May, 2015 04:24 am
Racism is the recognition that if your genes interbreed with those of the other race your genes will be overwhelmed . For some, inter racial breeding would benefit their genetic inheritance, for others it would be a disaster . We also tend to marry people who look like us . Same reason . Survival of our own genes .
0 Replies

steve9

Reply Thu 15 Oct, 2015 10:13 pm
Racism and or extreme racism could be concluded as narcissism behaviour. Childhood behaviours learnt from parents generation after generation, parents having little to say to each other, other than to be preaching racist thoughts.
Group thought, having fears of different race groups.
Narcissism behaviours can be learnt in schools. Mental stress needing medication, feels good to be smarter than other people. Children needing to feel secure within a group, choosing to be part of a group of their own race and skin colour.
What children conclude from early childhood as true, becomes a life long behaviour as school mental stress hurrying causes old known ideas to be focused on, increasing students beliefs on their own smartness to increase self esteem to aid medication mental stress. Students self-induced endorphins proves correct behaviour.
Teenage schooling increased mental stress traumas punishes advanced brain rationalising learning behaviours.
If school students were allowed to think rather than being told what to think, educated adults may have abilities to think out their own bad behaviours.
0 Replies

Dave270

Reply Fri 16 Oct, 2015 01:34 pm
@JoeBruno,
No it's not Mental Illness, it's white peoples Illness and problem, Racism is programmed and create by white people to looked dawn on and hurt black and brown people. Most white people inherit or learn racism from their parents generation after generation, so don't try to create another fake mental illness.
maxdancona

Reply Fri 16 Oct, 2015 01:38 pm
@Dave270,
So, if we just get rid of all the White people, there will be no more racism?
Dave270

Reply Fri 16 Oct, 2015 06:02 pm
@maxdancona,
I didn't say get rid of all the white people you said that, but if you bring this discussion, not all racism but definitely most racism will go. Slavery, Apartheid, the Holocaust, Iraq war, Somali war, Syria war etc, create by white people because of their unconditional racism. However i'm not racist or cruel like most white people who wish to harm or to get rid of other human being it's not my thing.
maxdancona

Reply Fri 16 Oct, 2015 06:49 pm
@Dave270,
Really? What about all the instances of racism throughout history that didn't involve any White people.

The Rwandan Genocide which happened just 20 years ago didn't involve White people. Of course, there were ethnic wars in Africa long before the White people got there... as there were in Asia and the Americas.

Have you considered the possibility that racism is an undesirable part of human nature... and that everyone, regardless of race, is prone to racism?

I like to think that we are all human beings, and that no race is either better or worse than any other.

Dave270

Reply Sat 17 Oct, 2015 01:22 pm
@maxdancona,
In Rwanda genocide who do you think give them the weapon to kill each other and watch from outside? guess the white man.

"there were ethnic wars in Africa long before the White people got there... as there were in Asia and the Americas."

No there weren't ethnic war in Africa until white people arrived there with their agenda,Example Angla and Sierra-Leone war blood diamond create by white people to loot the diamond and other mineral.

look around the world what white people do and create endlessness war to loot every black and brown people countries natural resources. Do you think Chinese do this no!

"I like to think that we are all human beings, and that no race is either better or worse than any other."

I like to think like you but based on my Experience most white people think they are better than other race that is a fact, that is why racism is still alive.

One thing how many hate group do you know against white people probably One or Two, the other hand how many hate group do you know against color people over 50.

maxdancona

Reply Sat 17 Oct, 2015 04:43 pm
@Dave270,
Let me ask you this first, Dave, before we launch into a useless discussion. If I show you facts that demonstrate that there was ethnic violence, even slavery in Africa, Asia and the Americas long before the White people showed up, would you change your mind?

Are facts even important to you on this topic.

The argument that I am making is that the White race is not inherently evil. Humans of any race have the capacity for great good as well as the capacity for great evil. This has been demonstrated throughout history.

Just so you understand... I am not arguing that Slavery, or Colonization or any of the other injustices perpetrated on Africa and America by White Europeans was justified in any way. Slavery and Genocide are immoral and unjustifiable.

The evil done by the European colonizing power was due to human greed and violence (which have been demonstrated by all human races) combined with the fact that they alone had the technological and economic power that gave them the ability to subjugate more people than every before.

But you see the same level of greed, violence and injustice throughout history when one society gets more power than its neighbors. Examples include the Nubians (of pre-Colonial Africa), the Aztecs (of pre-colonial South America) to the enemies of the Anasazi (who were wiped out in pre-colonial North America) to ethnic groups driven from pro-colonial India).

By the way, I am really surprised you brought up China... a country that has suffered centuries upon centuries of ethnic conflict.

None of these had anything to do with White people.
maxdancona

Reply Sat 17 Oct, 2015 04:46 pm
@Dave270,
Let's make this clear. We are all human beings.

White people are no better than Black people, or Asian people, or Hispanic people.

White people are no more evil than Black people, or Asian people, or Hispanic people.

In our current American society, we are living with the aftermath of a horribly successful period of European dominance and colonization. But that has to do with history and economics... not with race. And other races are just as capable of this type of greed and violence as has been shown throughout history.

najmelliw

Reply Sat 17 Oct, 2015 05:17 pm
@Dave270,
@OP:
Your title is a misnomer, if an understandable one. The article you mention is talking about extreme racism as a mental illness, not just normal racism.

And yes, I would qualify 'extreme' racism as a mental illness. However, 'regular' racism seems to me to be more a problem of education, and the way children are reared by their parents.

Dave270 wrote:

look around the world what white people do and create endlessness war to loot every black and brown people countries natural resources. Do you think Chinese do this no!

Oh really? Explain Japan in World War II, please.

0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Sat 17 Oct, 2015 05:20 pm
@maxdancona,
Quote:
White people are no better than Black people, or Asian people, or Hispanic people.

Sounds nice, but you have brought no evidence much less proof. Most of the time in America such assertions are clearly statements of theology rather than fact, which is fine, just admit it rather than pretend otherwise.

Note: I am not saying that whites are better, I am saying that alleged facts are not facts until they have been proven.
najmelliw

Reply Sat 17 Oct, 2015 05:39 pm
@hawkeye10,
hawkeye10 wrote:

Quote:

Sounds nice, but you have brought no evidence much less proof. Most of the time in America such assertions are clearly statements of theology rather than fact, which is fine, just admit it rather than pretend otherwise.

Note: I am not saying that whites are better, I am saying that alleged facts are not facts until they have been proven.

The burden of proof really falls on you here. What you seem to say is that factually speaking, White people ARE better tha black people, or asian people, or hispanic people.

I'd be interested to see valid proof of that.
hawkeye10

Reply Sat 17 Oct, 2015 06:01 pm
@najmelliw,
Quote:
What you seem to say is that factually speaking, White people ARE better tha black people, or asian people, or hispanic people.

I said specifically that I am making no such claims. But until the assertion is proven that whites/black/asians blah blah blah are all the same what we have is an opinion, exactly as if Max had told us that all ice creams are equally good. Nice to know his opinion on the matter, I suppose, but others might not agree, and Max is not a better person than the rest of us because his opinion is in vogue in some places on the planet right now.

The universe cares nothing of the opinion of humans, and wishing does not make things so, fantasy is not the same thing as reality.
0 Replies

gyles111

Reply Sat 17 Oct, 2015 06:57 pm
To put it simple.. racism is stemmed from either stupidity or evil
hawkeye10

Reply Sat 17 Oct, 2015 06:59 pm
@gyles111,
gyles111 wrote:

To put it simple.. racism is stemmed from either stupidity or evil

What is the proof?
hawkeye10

Reply Sat 17 Oct, 2015 07:10 pm
@hawkeye10,
Quote:
sociologists have long pointed out that we often favor people who look like us. Now, a new study shows that that bias runs deeper still: we tend to chose friends who are genetically similar to ourselves. Unexpectedly, the similarity can't just be explained away by friends who share the same ancestral heritage.

Researchers from the University of California, San Diego, arrived at this finding after comparing genome-wide data from nearly 2,000 individuals with that of their unrelated, platonic friends and of strangers. Crucially, the subjects were part of a database predominantly composed of people from European backgrounds, and the researchers further controlled for ancestry within that population. It's not just a matter of Poles hanging out with Poles and Danes with Danes.

Compared to strangers, the people the subjects chose to be friends with had significantly more in common genetically. They shared about one percent of their genome - about as related as fourth cousins. Most often, friends shared genes related to sense of smell, the authors found.

Long ago, the researchers think, this tendency to chose genetically similar friends might have provided our ancestors with an evolutionary advantage. Having people around who share some of the same weaknesses, preferences and needs can be useful for building a support network.

http://www.smithsonianmag.com/smart-news/we-choose-friends-who-are-genetically-similar-us-180952050/#oXhoHdwJsKQOIMuF.99

This is who humans are. To label this racism and to exact penalties for acting human is barbaric. And I have seen science that concludes that those who claim up and down that they are not racist are just as racist as everyone else. If everyone is racist then the label has no meaning, which I believe is the case. The charge of racism gets from me the same reaction as the charge of misogyny, that is to say "whatever".
najmelliw

Reply Sun 18 Oct, 2015 04:51 am
@hawkeye10,
hawkeye10 wrote:

This is who humans are. To label this racism and to exact penalties for acting human is barbaric. And I have seen science that concludes that those who claim up and down that they are not racist are just as racist as everyone else. If everyone is racist then the label has no meaning, which I believe is the case. The charge of racism gets from me the same reaction as the charge of misogyny, that is to say "whatever".

Racism lies not in how we choose our friends. Choosing friends is not a mentally deplorable act.
Racism lies in how we deal with those who are not our friends, in how we approach them as people based on what is nothing more than a skin condition.

White people often seem to have it better, but I refuse to accept that means they are better.
The problem with shrugging the concept as racism aside, by saying it is inherent to the human condition, is that it allows the opinions of certain individuals to go unchallenged, or even allows them to be lauded.

0 Replies

OregonFlyBy

Reply Sun 18 Oct, 2015 05:35 am
@JoeBruno,
http://media.giphy.com/media/1Ya7KYC0NTNXq/giphy.gif