paato

Reply Thu 21 May, 2015 09:59 am
i know my girl friend is not a golddigger but this has been something that's bothering the heck out of me every time i watch these gold digger experiment videos on youtube. it happened a few months ago, when we both travelled from different place to the middle east for vacation. we are on a long distance relationship. my cousin lives there he was showing us around with his friends, after a long day, we were just standing outside chilling at the parking lot while waiting for my cousin to open the car. right after he got into his car and he turned on the engine, my gf was like that's my dream car and she quickly run to the driving seat area where my cousin is and asked if he can let her drive the car. his two friends were inside the car whom she just met on that day. she got inside his car and she started driving around the parking lot. i was just standing outside with the rest of them. i was very annoyed with what i have noticed and i wasn't sure if it is something that it shouldn't have made me worried. i know im a very sensitive guy but i wanna hear your opinion.

jespah

Reply Thu 21 May, 2015 10:23 am
@paato,
You're overreacting, big time.

She saw something she likes, your cousin let her take it for a short spin and that's it.

Don't create something weird out of whole cloth. There is absolutely nothing wrong with what she did.
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Thu 21 May, 2015 10:26 am
@paato,
To my eyes, this incident is pretty neutral. However, have you had other incidents that aren't so innocent? If this is the worst one, you are being too sensitive.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Thu 21 May, 2015 10:38 am
@paato,
paato wrote:
i was very annoyed

seriously?

your girlfriend did something completely normal and you were annoyed?

0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Thu 21 May, 2015 03:14 pm
Was it her impulsiveness that annoyed or shocked you? Does she act like that often?

She did ASK permission from your cousin to drive his car. Was he upset?

Not sure where or why you are concerned about "golddigger". What does that mean to you?
paato

Reply Thu 21 May, 2015 07:30 pm
@PUNKEY,
yesss you got me. impulsiveness is the word i was looking to use. and yes she usually does or say stuffs without thinking about it and i would end up getting offended or annoyed. i didn't know what to write as a title i didn't mean to describe her as a golddigger/
ehBeth

Reply Thu 21 May, 2015 07:46 pm
@paato,
Why would you be offended or annoyed by what she did?

The example you gave was of normal behaviour.

Maybe you are just not a good match for this lively young woman.
paato

Reply Thu 21 May, 2015 10:06 pm
@ehBeth,
lmaooooo is it how u give advice to someone?
ehBeth

Reply Thu 21 May, 2015 11:17 pm
@paato,
Actually my advice would be for her - find a more suitable partner. Someone who is not so easily offended and annoyed.
paato

Reply Fri 22 May, 2015 02:35 am
@ehBeth,
haha i would let her know
PUNKEY

Reply Fri 22 May, 2015 05:45 am
@paato,
You didn't answer my question:

Did your cousin mind that she jumped into the car and wanted to take it for a spin?

Maybe that's the issue. Were you jealous that she was able to talk another man into giving her what she wanted so fast?
jespah

Reply Fri 22 May, 2015 06:06 am
@paato,
I'm with ehBeth. You seem controlling, easily annoyed, and it seems you leap to conclusions.

She took the car with permission. It was brief. If you weren't there, you wouldn't even know about this OH SO HORRIBLE infraction that is going to go down on her permanent record with you.

You don't sound like a terribly forgiving (and she didn't even do anything wrong, sheesh) person, either.
Ragman

Reply Fri 22 May, 2015 06:53 am
@paato,
I'm curious about something. Do you own a car? Is it a decent car or an old or plain car? Is this about your jealousy or envy because you're comparing yourself to others?
paato

Reply Fri 22 May, 2015 08:12 am
@PUNKEY,
not really he didn't mind at all.

@Were you jealous that she was able to talk another man into giving her what she wanted so fast?

you hit the nail on the head. i didn't know it was jealousy but yeah you're right.
0 Replies

paato

Reply Fri 22 May, 2015 08:15 am
@jespah,
that hurts. but i must admit i agree with some stuffs you mentioned. i used get easily annoyed and all but im improving a lot. im working on it. i was just curious of what others may think about this,
paato

Reply Fri 22 May, 2015 08:17 am
@Ragman,
you are some how right. i think i compare myself with others a lot. i don't own a car.
Ragman

Reply Fri 22 May, 2015 08:36 am
@paato,
Thanks for sharing that honesty.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Fri 22 May, 2015 10:04 am
@paato,
Well, the good news is that you can work on such things within yourself. As they say, pick your battles. This was, truly, no biggie. Save your indignation for something huge, otherwise you'll drive people away.
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Fri 22 May, 2015 10:14 am
@paato,
paato wrote:

lmaooooo is it how u give advice to someone?

Yes, it is.

It just isn't what you want to hear.

Is this how you respond to people who don't do/say what you want? By cutesy lmaoooooo's that trivializes it?
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Fri 22 May, 2015 01:08 pm
When I commented that the boy next door had a good haircut, my nephew said, "What, you don't like mine?"

He had low self esteem. He had difficulty when other people showed joy or when good things happened to others.

I think this is what happened to you. You felt threatened when your GF paid attention to another guy's hot car - especially when you don't have one.

Recognize this about yourself. Learn to not let things like this bother you.

Count your own blessings.