Lumps above both ankles after running?

Starkin

Reply Wed 20 May, 2015 01:30 pm
Hello,today after the end of the jog I took a 100 meter sprint,after that I stopped like usual and took a breathing and saw lumps above my both ankles on the right side a little bit smaller lump on the left a bigger one they dont hurt when I push on them and they are soft like it's a muscle or something,since I'm not aware of these kind of things I walked all the way home and lumps were still there,now as I'm writing this on the left leg the lump is gone nearly on the right it is smaller but still,I'm just concerned is it anything serious.I didn't jog since last year this my 3rd day at it,I jog around 5km around the lap and take 100 meter sprint everytime I'm about to finish, I've never expierenced something like this.Sorry about my english and thanks for reading.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 2 • Views: 616 • Replies: 5
No top replies

View best answer, chosen by Starkin
jespah

Reply Wed 20 May, 2015 01:31 pm
@Starkin,
Are you in any pain? Does anything itch?

It could be lots of things. Why not talk to a doctor?
Starkin

Reply Wed 20 May, 2015 01:34 pm
@jespah,
No it doesn't hurt or itch,it just soft feels like muscle when i press on it,and when I move my leg diffrently the lump dissappaers sometimes.
glitterbag

Reply Wed 20 May, 2015 01:37 pm
@Starkin,
Starkin wrote:

No it doesn't hurt or itch,it just soft feels like muscle when i press on it,and when I move my leg diffrently the lump dissappaers sometimes.

I think its time to consult a doctor, you need your feet, don't waffle around. It might be nothing, but I'd want a medical opinion.
0 Replies

Ragman
  Selected Answer

Reply Wed 20 May, 2015 05:57 pm
@Starkin,
There's nothing useful or productive to have non-medical people guessing what kind of condition you might have, if any. If it were me, I'd see a doctor ASAP. In the meanwhile, just be satisfied with normal jogging and put sprinting on a back burner until a doctor tells you that it's a benign...swelling or whatever.

You're body ïn its current state is not used to sprinting and sprinting is a high demand push on your body. Take it easy and be patient with your body and its progress towards getting into athletic shape. A law of physics says, "An object at rest, tends to stay at rest. But, an object in motion, tends to stay in motion."
Starkin

Reply Wed 20 May, 2015 07:08 pm
@Ragman,
True,I've been getting that alot from my family members,they say you're body isnt used to this kind of running,all winter I was practically doing no running at all and now all of the sudden I start this,too much for my legs to coupe maybe thanks for the advice and sorry for my English once again.
0 Replies