Tue 19 May, 2015 08:05 pm
SATAN WILL TEST YOU
Luke 22:31-34
31 And the Lord said, "Simon, Simon! Indeed, Satan has asked for you, that he may sift you as wheat.
32 "But I have prayed for you, that your faith should not fail; and when you have returned to Me, strengthen your brethren."
33 But he said to Him, "Lord, I am ready to go with You, both to prison and to death."
34 Then He said, "I tell you, Peter, the rooster shall not crow this day before you will deny three times that you know Me."
Luke 19:42-44
42 saying, "If you had known, even you, especially in this your day, the things that make for your peace! But now they are hidden from your eyes.
43 "For days will come upon you when your enemies will build an embankment around you, surround you and close you in on every side,
44 "and level you, and your children within you, to the ground; and they will not leave in you one stone upon another, because you did not know the time of your visitation."
Luke 22:35-38
35 And He said to them, "When I sent you without money bag, knapsack, and sandals, did you lack anything?" So they said, "Nothing."
36 Then He said to them, "But now, he who has a money bag, let him take it, and likewise a knapsack; and he who has no sword, let him sell his garment and buy one.
37 "For I say to you that this which is written must still be accomplished in Me: 'And He was numbered with the transgressors.' For the things concerning Me have an end."
38 So they said, "Lord, look, here are two swords." And He said to them, "It is enough."
Eph 6:11-17
11 Put on the whole armor of God, that you may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.
12 For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this age, against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places.
13 Therefore take up the whole armor of God, that you may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.
14 Stand therefore, having girded your waist with truth, having put on the breastplate of righteousness,
15 and having shod your feet with the preparation of the gospel of peace;
16 above all, taking the shield of faith with which you will be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked one.
17 And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God;
2 Cor 6:17-18
17 Therefore "Come out from among them and be separate, says the Lord. Do not touch what is unclean, and I will receive you."
18 "I will be a Father to you, and you shall be My sons and daughters, says the Lord Almighty."
Rom 8:35-39
35 Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword?
36 As it is written: "For Your sake we are killed all day long; we are accounted as sheep for the slaughter."
37 Yet in all these things we are more than conquerors through Him who loved us.
38 For I am persuaded that neither death nor life, nor angels nor principalities nor powers, nor things present nor things to come,
39 nor height nor depth, nor any other created thing, shall be able to separate us from the love of God which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.
John 14:26-31
26 "But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, He will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all things that I said to you.
27 "Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.
28 "You have heard Me say to you, 'I am going away and coming back to you.' If you loved Me, you would rejoice because I said, 'I am going to the Father,' for My Father is greater than I.
29 "And now I have told you before it comes, that when it does come to pass, you may believe.
30 "I will no longer talk much with you, for the ruler of this world is coming, and he has nothing in Me.
31 "But that the world may know that I love the Father, and as the Father gave Me commandment, so I do. Arise, let us go from here.
(NKJ)
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,721 • Replies: 17
Topic Closed
No top replies

CalamityJane

Tue 19 May, 2015 09:12 pm
@Squeakybro,
No, no, no, squeakadoodle - Satan will test you, as you're the only one believing this crap. Oh wait, Peaches or patches too! At least you've got company in hell. Ain't that nice!
0 Replies

neologist

Tue 19 May, 2015 09:46 pm
And Satan will test you as well, Squeaky. How do you suppose you will fare with only your narrow understanding of the Bible?
0 Replies

mikeymojo

Tue 19 May, 2015 10:03 pm
@Squeakybro,
Does Satan have a grading scale for this test?
Should I be studying for this?
0 Replies

Kolyo

Tue 19 May, 2015 10:12 pm
I got word from an upperclassman what the test is.

It's fasting.

40 days, 40 nights, and you have to stay within a circle drawn in the sand.

Best test prep? Put on as much weight as you can, while you can.
In other words, "eat, drink and be merry."
mikeymojo

Tue 19 May, 2015 10:25 pm
@Kolyo,
Damn, I was really hoping it was multiple choice. Oh well
0 Replies

Squeakybro

Wed 20 May, 2015 03:20 am
Peter was tested. Some of you sound as arrogant as Peter was.
SATAN WILL TEST YOU
Luke 22:31-34
31 And the Lord said, "Simon, Simon! Indeed, Satan has asked for you, that he may sift you as wheat.
32 "But I have prayed for you, that your faith should not fail; and when you have returned to Me, strengthen your brethren."
neologist

Wed 20 May, 2015 08:40 am
@Squeakybro,
Speaking of arrogance.
Squeakybro

Wed 20 May, 2015 09:10 am
@neologist,
Did you notice that Jesus didn't stop it.
CalamityJane

Wed 20 May, 2015 09:12 am
@Squeakybro,
Jesus doesn't stop anything - he's just your imaginary friend and the sooner you accept it as such, even you will learn that YOU are the maker of your life and not someone else who doesn't exist.
0 Replies

chai2

Wed 20 May, 2015 09:56 am
Ok everybody, I got my results back.

Good thing he graded on the curve. I just about passed.

Good thing grades no longer mean anything when looking for a job.

Now, onto my internship.
0 Replies

neologist

Wed 20 May, 2015 10:28 am
@Squeakybro,
You may have hit upon an important point. Let's see if you actually understand what you just wrote:
Why did God not destroy the mutineers Adam, Eve, and Satan right on the spot in Genesis ch. 3?
Squeakybro

Wed 20 May, 2015 12:02 pm
@neologist,
I am here to demonstrate the Holy Spirit. Not to play games with the old testament.

Luke 16:16
16 "The law and the prophets were until John. Since that time the kingdom of God has been preached, and everyone is pressing into it.
(NKJ)

Matt 11:12-13
12 "And from the days of John the Baptist until now the kingdom of heaven suffers violence, and the violent take it by force.
13 "For all the prophets and the law prophesied until John.
(NKJ)

Titus 3:9
9 But avoid foolish questions, and genealogies, and contentions, and strivings about the law; for they are unprofitable and vain.
(KJV)

neologist

Wed 20 May, 2015 12:27 pm
@Squeakybro,
Squeakybro wrote:
I am here to demonstrate the Holy Spirit. Not to play games with the old testament.
Yet Satan continues to exist and Genesis 3:15 has not been completely fulfilled.
Quote:
. ..among whom the god of this system of things has blinded the minds of the unbelievers, so that the illumination of the glorious good news about the Christ, who is the image of God, might not shine through. (2 Corinthians 4:4)
So, why has your 'spirit' not provided you with an answer? You still have not answered my earlier question "What is the good news?"
Squeakybro

Wed 20 May, 2015 01:36 pm
@neologist,
lol It doesn't make me any difference whether something in the old testament is fulfilled or not. If it bothers you that is your problem.
neologist

Wed 20 May, 2015 02:16 pm
@Squeakybro,
I see.
You don't care yet.
Squeakybro

Wed 20 May, 2015 04:03 pm
@neologist,
No There is only one guarantee of salvation in the whole bible.

John 14:26
26 "But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, He will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all things that I said to you.
(NKJ)

2 Cor 5:5
5 Now He who has prepared us for this very thing is God, who also has given us the Spirit as a guarantee.
(NKJ)

And there is a veil over the old testament that remains to this day. So all anyone can do with the old testament is to guess at it.

2 Cor 3:14-15
14 But their minds were blinded. For until this day the same veil remains unlifted in the reading of the Old Testament, because the veil is taken away in Christ.
15 But even to this day, when Moses is read, a veil lies on their heart.
(NKJ)

0 Replies

Squeakybro

Sun 13 Dec, 2015 07:04 pm
@neologist,
. CAREING (TO WORRY)
Acts 21:13
13 Then Paul answered, "What do you mean by weeping and breaking my heart? For I am ready not only to be bound, but also to die at Jerusalem for the name of the Lord Jesus."
1 Cor 4:2-4
2 Moreover it is required in stewards that one be found faithful.
3 But with me it is a very small thing that I should be judged by you or by a human court. In fact, I do not even judge myself.
4 For I know nothing against myself, yet I am not justified by this; but He who judges me is the Lord.
Acts 8:21-22
21 "You have neither part nor portion in this matter, for your heart is not right in the sight of God.
22 "Repent therefore of this your wickedness, and pray God if perhaps the thought of your heart may be forgiven you.
Matt 6:27-33
27 "Which of you by worrying can add one cubit to his stature?
28 "So why do you worry about clothing? Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow: they neither toil nor spin;
29 "and yet I say to you that even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these.
30 "Now if God so clothes the grass of the field, which today is, and tomorrow is thrown into the oven, will He not much more clothe you, O you of little faith?
31 "Therefore do not worry, saying, 'What shall we eat?' or 'What shall we drink?' or 'What shall we wear?'
32 "For after all these things the Gentiles seek. For your heavenly Father knows that you need all these things.
33 "But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you.
Luke 12:25-26
25 "And which of you by worrying can add one cubit to his stature?
26 "If you then are not able to do the least, why are you anxious for the rest?
2 Cor 13:5-6
5 Examine yourselves as to whether you are in the faith. Test yourselves. Do you not know yourselves, that Jesus Christ is in you?-- unless indeed you are disqualified.
6 But I trust that you will know that we are not disqualified.
James 1:2-4
2 My brethren, count it all joy when you fall into various trials,
3 knowing that the testing of your faith produces patience.
4 But let patience have its perfect work, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking nothing.
Heb 6:11-12
11 And we desire that each one of you show the same diligence to the full assurance of hope until the end,
12 that you do not become sluggish, but imitate those who through faith and patience inherit the promises.
Luke 21:19
19 "By your patience possess your souls.
Gal 5:24
24 And those who are Christ's have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires.
Gal 5:4-5
4 You have become estranged from Christ, you who attempt to be justified by law; you have fallen from grace.
5 For we through the Spirit eagerly wait for the hope of righteousness by faith.
Luke 21:20-22
20 "But when you see Jerusalem surrounded by armies, then know that its desolation is near.
21 "Then let those in Judea flee to the mountains, let those who are in the midst of her depart, and let not those who are in the country enter her.
22 "For these are the days of vengeance, that all things which are written may be fulfilled.
Mark 13:7
7 "But when you hear of wars and rumors of wars, do not be troubled; for such things must happen, but the end is not yet.
Luke 12:25
25 "And which of you by worrying can add one cubit to his stature?
Luke 21:36
36 "Watch therefore, and pray always that you may be counted worthy to escape all these things that will come to pass, and to stand before the Son of Man."
Luke 3:8
8 "Therefore bear fruits worthy of repentance, and do not begin to say to yourselves, 'We have Abraham as our father.' For I say to you that God is able to raise up children to Abraham from these stones.
Eph 4:1-3
1 I, therefore, the prisoner of the Lord, beseech you to walk worthy of the calling with which you were called,
2 with all lowliness and gentleness, with longsuffering, bearing with one another in love,
3 endeavoring to keep the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace.
1 Pet 4:8-10
8 And above all things have fervent love for one another, for "love will cover a multitude of sins."
9 Be hospitable to one another without grumbling.
10 As each one has received a gift, minister it to one another, as good stewards of the manifold grace of God.
Rom 12:11-13
11 not lagging in diligence, fervent in spirit, serving the Lord;
12 rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly in prayer;
13 distributing to the needs of the saints, given to hospitality.
James 5:16
16 Confess your trespasses to one another, and pray for one another, that you may be healed. The effective, fervent prayer of a righteous man avails much.
1 Pet 5:6-7
6 Therefore humble yourselves under the mighty hand of God, that He may exalt you in due time,
7 casting all your care upon Him, for He cares for you.
Matt 22:16
16 And they sent to Him their disciples with the Herodians, saying, "Teacher, we know that You are true, and teach the way of God in truth; nor do You care about anyone, for You do not regard the person of men.
Jude 1:5
5 But I want to remind you, though you once knew this, that the Lord, having saved the people out of the land of Egypt, afterward destroyed those who did not believe.
Jude 1:10
10 But these speak evil of whatever they do not know; and whatever they know naturally, like brute beasts, in these things they corrupt themselves.
Jude 1:19-25
19 These are sensual persons, who cause divisions, not having the Spirit.
20 But you, beloved, building yourselves up on your most holy faith, praying in the Holy Spirit,
21 keep yourselves in the love of God, looking for the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ unto eternal life.
22 And on some have compassion, making a distinction;
23 but others save with fear, pulling them out of the fire, hating even the garment defiled by the flesh.
24 Now to Him who is able to keep you from stumbling, and to present you faultless before the presence of His glory with exceeding joy,
25 To God our Savior, who alone is wise, be glory and majesty, dominion and power, both now and forever. Amen.
(NKJ)
XXX There are two kinds of care. One is to worry the other is to be concerned.
SPIRITUAL CAREING (CONCERNED)

1Thes 2:8
8 So, affectionately longing for you, we were well pleased to impart to you not only the gospel of God, but also our own lives, because you had become dear to us.
Phil 4:10
10 But I rejoiced in the Lord greatly that now at last your care for me has flourished again; though you surely did care, but you lacked opportunity.
Phil 2:20-21
20 For I have no one like-minded, who will sincerely care for your state.
21 For all seek their own, not the things which are of Christ Jesus.
(NKJ)
FLESHLY CAREING (EMOTIONS-WORRY)

Mark 4:38-40
38 But He was in the stern, asleep on a pillow. And they awoke Him and said to Him, "Teacher, do You not care that we are perishing?"
39 Then He arose and rebuked the wind, and said to the sea, "Peace, be still!" And the wind ceased and there was a great calm.
40 But He said to them, "Why are you so fearful? How is it that you have no faith?"
Matt 22:16
16 And they sent to Him their disciples with the Herodians, saying, "Teacher, we know that You are true, and teach the way of God in truth; nor do You care about anyone, for You do not regard the person of men.
Luke 24:38
38 And He said to them, "Why are you troubled? And why do doubts arise in your hearts?
James 1:5-8
5 If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask of God, who gives to all liberally and without reproach, and it will be given to him.
6 But let him ask in faith, with no doubting, for he who doubts is like a wave of the sea driven and tossed by the wind.
7 For let not that man suppose that he will receive anything from the Lord;
8 he is a double-minded man, unstable in all his ways.
(NKJ)

0 Replies