The "atheism" thread locked, yet again, eh?

izzythepush

Reply Mon 18 May, 2015 03:36 am
@Frank Apisa,
Said you couldn't do it, you proved me right in 9 minutes. You are so bloody predictable.

Nobody cares who started it, but if you carry on like this your descendents can continue trading insults over the internet for hundreds of years. I suppose virtual feuding is preferable to the real thing, but no less baffling and pointless for the rest of us.

I am no angel, but I do recognise the futility in flogging a dead horse.
Frank Apisa

Reply Mon 18 May, 2015 03:40 am
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

Said you couldn't do it, you proved me right in 9 minutes. You are so bloody predictable.

I said I will not collapse ANY thread. Do you honestly think you can come into a thread...say someone will not collapse it...and have them do it.

Wake up!

Quote:

Nobody cares who started it, but if you carry on like this your descendents can continue trading insults over the internet for hundreds of years. I suppose virtual feuding is preferable to the real thing, but no less baffling and pointless for the rest of us.

Then do not read it. I do not care if you find it baffling or pointless? DO NOT READ IT...or put me on IGNORE.

But stop insisting I must do what you require of me.

Quote:
I am no angel, but I do recognise the futility in flogging a dead horse.

Then stop doing it!
Frank Apisa

Reply Mon 18 May, 2015 03:43 am
@Frank Apisa,
Oh...since you are into challenges, here's one for you.

Do not reply to what I wrote...put me on IGNORE...and never address me or post about me ever again.
glitterbag

Reply Mon 18 May, 2015 03:44 am
Siiiiggggghhhhhh. "Oh wad some power the giftie gie us, to see oursel's as others see us! Borrowed from Robert Burns.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Mon 18 May, 2015 03:58 am
@Ionus,
Ionus wrote:

I neither like you nor dislike you, and I find most of what you said to be true . You tend to hold back on the insults but after a while feel forced to join in . Personally I think you need a better exit policy when you get into tit for tat with some of these posters, apart from the heat death of the universe bringing the argument to an end .

Thank you, Ionus.

I have attempted to post meaningful, reasonable, on topic comments when the topic interests me. I do not ever start that fighting, bickering, pissing contest nonsense...but at times, I allow myself to become part of them. Once in them, I just do not relent. A poster has to be relentless in insulting me finally to get me involved, but once into it...I am committed. Exist strategies are not part of the mix.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Mon 18 May, 2015 05:08 am
@Frank Apisa,
I have put you on ignore Frank, normally for about six months or so. I don't dislike you at all, actually at times I find you quite endearing, but that doesn't mean you can't be a bloody annoying git when you want to be.

Have you thought of yoga or some other new age **** to help you rationalise this? How about duck therapy?
http://www.youngsfunnyfarm.org/files/6812/9635/4449/2010-therapy-duck-team-550.png

http://www.youngsfunnyfarm.org/therapy-ducks/

I really think you would benefit from duck therapy.
Frank Apisa

Reply Mon 18 May, 2015 11:53 am
@izzythepush,
Whatever, Izzy!

I honestly attempt to be reasonable, courteous, and respectful...until I am provoked by someone insisting on being scornful towards me.

In any case, I will always be thankful for your introducing me to the Killer Sudoku's that I enjoy so much.

izzythepush

Reply Mon 18 May, 2015 12:18 pm
@Frank Apisa,
You never know Frank, in a couple of years time you might be posting this.

Frank Apisa wrote:
In any case, I will always be thankful for your introducing me to the Duck therapy that I enjoy so much.

Duck Therapy. Think about it.
0 Replies

Jay2know

Reply Tue 21 Jun, 2016 11:55 pm
@ossobuco,
Are Atheists an asset or liability to society. In my experience my life runs alot better without them. Good thing I don't have to hire them. Then I would have to lie and say they looked at me wrong when promotion time comes along. :-)

They enjoy freedom of speech but if someone has a different opinion, then freedom of speech only applies to them. I don't think so. Shut up!
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Thu 14 Jul, 2016 11:33 am
Ignore it Izzy, he just joined today. There's no way he knows anything about anyone, might just be another spoofer
ossobucotemp

Reply Thu 14 Jul, 2016 12:07 pm
@glitterbag,
He joined June 21st. You can see the date and his posts on his profile.
glitterbag

Reply Thu 14 Jul, 2016 05:45 pm
@ossobucotemp,
You're right, when I checked I misread June as July.
izzythepush

Reply Fri 15 Jul, 2016 01:58 am
@glitterbag,
Osso is rarely wrong, the sorry individual in question came on here to insult me. Now it's hard to imagine why anyone would want to do such a thing me being so loveable and all but he did.

I came back with a decent retort and he went silent for a few weeks only to come back echoing my words and claiming to have silenced me. That's why it's clear he's been abusing some sort of brain dissolving solvent, it's the only theory that makes sense.
0 Replies